2008 Liberty AC evaporator leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mgsntx

Reaction score
I smell freon in the cab of my jeep and I rapidly lose freon if filled. Does anyone have a diagram of the evaporator connection. Initially i thought the only connection was the connector block at the engine compartment firewall but after looking at an evaporator, there has to be another in the air handler. I am trying to determine if it can be repaired without removing the whole dash. obviously, if its a weld on the core there's no easy way but here's hoping. After running about 3 14 oz cans of freon with stop leak through it and replacing service port caps, the charge holds for about a week so it would seem to me that an o-ring leak may be more likely.

Bbzjeep

Reaction score
evap

I have the same problem. So far I've been able to discover that I have no AC filter or cabin air filter. A thread from carcomplaints.com discusses the problem briefly. Air movement across the evaporator clogs the lower corner of the evaporator and starts the process of failure. You have to replace it. I'm working on discovery of a post production mod that would introduce a filter, but so far it looks like removing the panel (under the hood) and replacing it with one that has the air filter capability built in.

Sorry for the bad news, lemme know if you find a better solution.
Bob

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same problem. So far I've been able to discover that I have no AC filter or cabin air filter. A thread from carcomplaints.com discusses the problem briefly. Air movement across the evaporator clogs the lower corner of the evaporator and starts the process of failure. You have to replace it. I'm working on discovery of a post production mod that would introduce a filter, but so far it looks like removing the panel (under the hood) and replacing it with one that has the air filter capability built in.

Sorry for the bad news, lemme know if you find a better solution.

Bob

I'd like to see this mod in play here. You're talking about the screen under the cowl right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
If you do a search on LOSTJEEPs there were some that installed a filter in there
BUT a filter will not mask smells , only dirt etc

SURE WOULD BE NICE if folks put what year etc they have so you'd know better how to answer:shrug::icon_lol:

Latest posts

Members online