2007 KJ export edition seat belt issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

a_ibrahem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello Everybody ,

i have a 2007 KJ export ,the seat belt for passenger doesn't give the warning chime if its not locked and nothing also in the dashboard.

the driver side is fine i get the chime and the dashboard light also.

but passenger side nothing at all ,its like no one siting

i tried to enable the chime with the steps in the manual ,but no change.

Appreciate your inputs

Thanks

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there is no chime that i'm aware of. i have 2006 Liberty and my passanger side has never chimed. You say theres a way change it in the manual? What page?

I know you can turn the chime off or on for the driver side seat belt but never heard of enabling/disabling it for the passanger side.

I honestly never heard of vehicle chiming for the passangers not having there seat belts on. Only Driver.

if the passanger seat belt chimed that would be really annoying b/c the jeep does notice my Dog (that weights 19lbs) seating in the passanger b/c the off light for air bag light comes on when she sits in it. and to put the seat belt in for the dog would be a pain in the ass.

Last edited:

BigRich201

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think the kj had the seatbelt chime for the passenger side. I know the kk does and my 03 kj doesn't. Not so sure about the 05 - 07

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine stoped working on my 07 no light on the dash no dings. It did do this but stoped. The light still works on the grab bar for air bag disable if it has a lite load. So far the only thing I have checked is the seat belt switch and that works. If someone sits in the passanger seat the seat belt light on the dash will not come on and if you drive it with out the seat belt no dings. Now on the driver side when you sit in it the dash light comes on but if you drive with the belt off no dings. I have tryed the bypass program to turn it off or on but it will not respond. Thats as far as I have gotten till I have time to look at it some more. If I find any thing Ill let you know but just dont have the time right now. Maybe someone else knows something else or has had this happen and will chime in with more info.

Last edited: