2007 Jeep Liberty rumble strip noise at 45-50 miles an hour.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Welshco

Reaction score
I want to let everyone know if you experience this rumble strip sound or shudder sound with your Jeep Liberty it is your torque converter. After many hours of replacing numerous parts to only figure out it wasn't the correct part. I took my 2007 Jeep Liberty too Garber on Bay Rd and they hooked it up to the scanner and the code for the torque converter came up. I had my brother replace it for me it was also a hot mess the first converter we got was the wrong one. The second one wouldn't go in either so we took it to a transmission shop and they had to put it in for us. In order to put it in they had to replace the bushing and the front seal. Then it work great no more shudder or rumbling noise.

If you can find someone to do it on the side it is alot cheaper the torque converter was only $125 and the transmission shop only charged me $65. The dealership wanted $1400 to do the work !!!

Good Luck,

Constance

LONGJEEPOWNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had mine replaced at 94000 miles. Same problem with the shuddering. Cost was $75 to remove ****** and $75 to install ******. Torque converter was a Billet Aluminum style. transmission shop said it was a heavy duty to dissipate more heat. I bartered for some electrical work for the torque converter.

Latest posts

Members online