2006 skink super slider install questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have my sliders and will be installing them very soon, for the 2006 the instruction are saying to reattach the plastic rocker cover with self tapping sheet metal screws, i would like to either reuse the stock push pins if possible or not reinstall the plastic depending on how it will look. i do not want to put holes into the rocker and expose bare metal to northeast winters and roadsalt. has anyone reused the factory hardware or not reinstalled the plastic, pics would be appreciated. also, are there any tips that you guys have for the install are greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance,
chris

spideyrdr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have my sliders and will be installing them very soon, for the 2006 the instruction are saying to reattach the plastic rocker cover with self tapping sheet metal screws, i would like to either reuse the stock push pins if possible or not reinstall the plastic depending on how it will look. i do not want to put holes into the rocker and expose bare metal to northeast winters and roadsalt. has anyone reused the factory hardware or not reinstalled the plastic, pics would be appreciated. also, are there any tips that you guys have for the install are greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance,
chris

I completely removed the plastic panels on my '05 and like the look. I haven't found a plug for the existing holes but they don't bother me at all. Not a very close shot, but here is what mine looks like from the side:

5263d1366148785-ome-his-way-liftedliberty.jpg

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im thinking i might go that same route, as far as you can tell would it be possible to reinstall them with the stock push pins?

spideyrdr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im thinking i might go that same route, as far as you can tell would it be possible to reinstall them with the stock push pins?

Yeah, I think so. On the top edge anyway. My interpretation of the instructions was the sheet metal screws would be used to secure the bottom edge of the panels, sort of compressing it a bit compared to normal. Once I had the plastic off I just decided to leave it that way so I never really figured out what it would have looked like with the panels back in place and what role the screws actually would play.

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea im not looking to put extra holes in the jeep where crud and salt will settle in and rot it apart...i plan on mocking up the sliders this weekend, then they will get soda blasted, acid washed, basecoat of chasis blac coat and top coated with rustoleum graphite wheel paint, im also going to rustproof the inside of the clip rail mounting tube and cap the ends to keep salt and mud out