2006 liberty problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Coolbxx08

Reaction score
I am new here, didn't see a place to introduce myself when i registered. I looked around the forum, seems like there are many cool people and a lot of useful information. Anyways, i have a 2006 Jeep Liberty 6spd with about 43,000 miles on it. Recently it has started acting up for me..Whenever i shift into reverse and ease off the clutch it makes a noise(sort of a vibrating/rubbing noise) and you can feel it vibrate through out the jeep and transfer case. It is very hard to describe, but it does it even if the clutch is fully dis-engaged and I give it gas. It only does this in reverse, no other problems with any gears and all shift smoothly while driving. I've had two mechanics look at it now(both of whom experienced what I am describing) but neither can figure out the problem. I thought maybe something to do with the transmission/motor mounts but those are tight. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, I am at a loss trying to figure out the problem.

I should also mention that sometimes while driving i experience vibration in the gas peddle. It usually does this going up steep hills and on the highway, usually between 2,500-3,000 RPM's. It almost feels like when you drive over rumble strips on the highway. Not sure if this problem is related to my above question regarding Reverse.

Last edited: