2006 KJ CRD Cherokee (Liberty In US)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave243

Reaction score
Hi I live in New Zealand and its very difficult to get info on Jeeps or anybody that knows much about them here.
I am having some issues with the 4WD, it engages and the dash light comes on 4WD lo and the vehicle is definitely in low range.
However there is no drive to the front wheels. So when in 4WD there is only drive to the rear wheels. Everything appears to be intact and no grease or oil leaks.

It appears the front propeller shaft is not turning?, transfer case end or diff end so no front wheels turning, drove onto the beach in 4WD and got stuck? The vehicle has the Selec-Trac transfer case and Auto transmission, what do you think? any help would be appreciated.

cindysjeep

Reaction score
Check you shift linkage at the transfer case. Mine had a broken fitting and had come off. The dealer couldn't find the part number in the KJ files, but found one from a TJ that worked.

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Check you shift linkage at the transfer case. Mine had a broken fitting and had come off. The dealer couldn't find the part number in the KJ files, but found one from a TJ that worked.
If this is your problem there's a repair using hardware store parts somwhere on the forum.

Check your front driveshaft.

Latest posts

Members online