2004 Liberty Limited 4WD Tires and Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scull20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well here's the scoop...my 2004 Liberty Limited is in need of tires and I was contemplating looking into the MOAB rims as well. I don't have the cash for the rims currently and the tires are more of a priority at this point. I have the factory limited rims on there now and wanted to go a step up in tire size to 245/70R16. So my question is, If I throw the 245/70R16 tires on the factory limited rims I have now, will I be able to put those tires on the MOAB rims when i get the cash for them, or will I need to get another set of tires.

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can use that size on either rim
I have a question for you now
If you have the limited rims why would you want to spend money on Moabs?
the rims you have ,have the correct back spacing to run 245/75's with only OME coils and I think they look better
I dont under stand this logic it seems like s complete waste of money to me
hell I would not have the rims I have on the TJ if they were not free
the OE steelies worked just fine for me this is much the same reason why our KJ Limited has MTR's on the OE wheels I figure I can spend that $500+ on something more functional ,maybe a locker

scull20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I liked the look of the MOABs overs the regular limited rims is all, just a more aggressive look. The tires are my first priority, and as the poor college student I am I will probably end up keeping the rims I have, I just wanted to weigh my options.

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Then your best option for tires is to go with something like a remington mud brute or a mastercraft MT
if you are "broke"
they are cheep and hold up well

also scope out your local 4X4 shop for "take off's" that is how and why I got MT/R's on the KJ
almost new or new and $250 for all 5

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.