2004 Jeep Liberty Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Amcginnis

Reaction score
I bought my 2004 Jeep Liberty about a year ago. It currently has around 124,000 miles on it. But it doesn't seem to want to go if you don't let it warm up. Even if it has only been off for 5 minutes. We've checked the codes and it's come up with 0300 (random misfire) and 0132 (O2 Sensor). Weve gotten all of the plugs and wires replaced. When I pull onto the road I will press the gas and nothing will happen. The car won't move and the RPMs don't go up. And when you first start it up it makes this awful gunshot noise through the exhaust. Any ideas on what this could be?

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my 2004 Jeep Liberty about a year ago. It currently has around 124,000 miles on it. But it doesn't seem to want to go if you don't let it warm up. Even if it has only been off for 5 minutes. We've checked the codes and it's come up with 0300 (random misfire) and 0132 (O2 Sensor). Weve gotten all of the plugs and wires replaced. When I pull onto the road I will press the gas and nothing will happen. The car won't move and the RPMs don't go up. And when you first start it up it makes this awful gunshot noise through the exhaust. Any ideas on what this could be?

I've never seen it happen with the KJs but sounds to me like you have bad cats. My buddy's Olds did the same thing...but he only has one cat to clog, where we have 2.

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take a rubber mallet and bump the converter. Most bad converters have the media broken into pieces and you can hear them rattling around inside. How those chunks get positioned will cause variations in power loss, hesitation.

The backfire condition isn't usually related to a bad converter, though.

Bob

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.