2004 EVIC+TPMS TPMS install issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sailjpg

Reaction score
Hey all!

I have a 2004 jeep liberty, i installed an EVIC+TPMS 2 years ago and ever scince i have had the TPMS light on my dash, along with the ding that goes off every half hour or so. i am trying to remedy that, i have gotten sensors and the magnet. now the problem i am having is that i cant get the magnet all the way around the stem to get them to pair. does it have to go all the way to the bottom of the stem? am i missing any hardware? at the moment i have the sensors installed and the EVIC. am i missing anything?

thanks for any advice, i am kinda at the end of my rope..

kejobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure. Maybe someone will chime in. I ripped out the tpms sensors years ago and installed regular stems. As for the light, I removed the cluster and painted over the led. And while the cluster was out I ripped out the “chime”.

BlackBetty

Reaction score
Hey Siljpg, not sure if you are still having an issue with TPMS, but if you have steel wheels, that would be a problem. Either the signal is unable to transmit properly through steel wheels or the magnet is unable to train.

I added the EVIC with TPMS to my Jeep recently and I am having an issue of my own. I used the Autel universal sensors. I can get them all programmed, but they won't stay programmed. After a key cycle, I start to have issues.

Latest posts

Members online