2002 KJ LTD prices

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ron Burgundy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all

Just wonder if any of you guys would know what a 2002 KJ LTD with factory running boards, leather, power and heated seats, auto car starter, 6 pack cd player,towing package it has 53,700 kms on it. it belonged to an 80 year old man that had it since new. the asking price is 9800 i know that is high but i do not know what to put in for an offer any ideas.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Hello all

Just wonder if any of you guys would know what a 2002 KJ LTD with factory running boards, leather, power and heated seats, auto car starter, 6 pack cd player,towing package it has 53,700 kms on it. it belonged to an 80 year old man that had it since new. the asking price is 9800 i know that is high but i do not know what to put in for an offer any ideas.

It is high for an '02.....I'd say $7000-8000 range would be fair. It's an '02, but only has 53K on it so.....but it is a pre-lowered with the the better ******.

Ron Burgundy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for the reply I was thinking 8,500 but yeah 7,000 to 8,000 seems to be what they are going for. also what are you getting for gas mileage if you don't mind me asking.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Around town stop and start driving....maybe 15-17mpg...out on the highway maybe 21-23...but I am lifted with 31's so that makes a big difference. When I first got the KJ I was getting about 24-27mpg... that was also completely stock.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
9800 is a little high, but not unreasonably high considering its very low milage.. i mean think about that, he's only got about 33,000 miles on it and it's an 02. What did he only drive it down to the mailbox and back? That's less than 5k miles (or 6700km) a year.

Add in the leather/heated seats, the cd changer and tow package and that adds good value there. Also, I'll bet with only 57km (33k miles) on it, it would probably rate in "excellent" condition.

According to Kelly Blue Book "excellent" condition can for a Libby that fits these general specs, $9600 is about fair. So he's still a bit high. If you assume it's not in excellent condition, but good, you're still in the high $8's to low $9's.

Ron Burgundy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks, it sold before i got to go look at it, it was a 2 hour drive. he got the asking price for it according to person that sold it no one ever sat in it but the owner, oh well the hunt is back on :)

dogem

Reaction score
What about a 2002 Sport 4x with all options including sunroof and only 18,500 miles ? The guy is asking $10,500 and the pics show it is in excellent condition.

Seems high for an 02 but has almost no miles. What would be a fair price ?