2002 jeep liberty sport 3.7 6cyl 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

teamfreedom

Reaction score
Hello folks, my name is John and I am from Wilmington Ma. I joined this forum looking for advice and guidence when it comes to servicing my jeep. I bought my 2002 jeep liberty 13 months ago. Unfortunately it has been a money pit from the day I bought it, not to mention very poor service from repair shops.

The jeep was in the shop 5 times in the first 4 months after I bought it, and 4 more times since then. compressor, transfer case, radiator, starter, fist 3 months, and then, the 4x4 drive shaft fell out of the car while my wife was driving it. this was about 1 month after they did the transfer case.

The radiator just went on it again 10 months after the same service station replaced it. So I found out that the radiators they sell now have plastic parts and is prob why it went so soon. I am looking at a used one from keystone that is all aluminum, does anyone have any thoughts on this that could help me.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome neighbor! Sorry to hear about the Jeep. By chance was that a aftermarket radiator or a MOPAR one? The aftermarket ones do not last. Also find a better shop because it sounds like that one is causing more problems than fixing!

teamfreedom

Reaction score
Hi, hey our jeeps are the same color...lol I am pretty sure it is aftermarket because the job was done under a extended warrantee, and they don't wanna pay for squat. do the mopar radiators have plastic parts?

Last edited:

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, hey our jeeps are the same color...lol I am pretty sure it is aftermarket because the job was done under a extended warrantee, and they don't wanna pay for squat. do the mopar radiators have plastic parts?

Yes but they just work better. How long did your original Mopar one last?

teamfreedom

Reaction score
I just bought this jeep 13 months ago so I don't even know which make the other one was, or if it had been replaced numorous times over the years. the jeep had 114.000 miles when I bought it, now it has 154.000

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably was original. Mine kicked out at 125k. Will that warranty cover OEM parts? Would be silly if it didn't.