2002 jeep 2.5 crd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cuz62

Reaction score
i have a chuffing ticking noise quite loud coming from the front two fuel injectors i can also smell exhaust fumes are there any seals or anything that sit between the injector and the head ? if so how do i change them ?

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a chuffing ticking noise quite loud coming from the front two fuel injectors i can also smell exhaust fumes are there any seals or anything that sit between the injector and the head ? if so how do i change them ?

I see you have posted this question on another forum without any reply so I shall try to help...I also have the 2002 2.5 CRD but have not had to work on the injectors!
There is a copper washer under the injectors....there are also major warnings about dealing with the extreme high pressures involved that can cause major injury.
I have the 2.5 CRD supplement to the FSM....it is about 4.6 Mb....if you PM me your E-mail address here or on the other forum I can e-mail it to you if you wish.
Otherwise, the best place for CRD advice, ecpecially the early export models, is the CRD section at www.lostjeeps.com/forum