2002-2003 KJ Recall Notice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gary Croft

Reaction score
Just got mine through for the ORC Module fault.

Electrical overstress causing the airbag light to come on and set the airbags and pre-tensioners off.

Incredible that the cars are 10 years old now and just found this fault? Guess something has happend to set the recall off!

Oh well, get it booked in and get it done - needs a service anyway!

Pippobug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Gary,

I am in the UK to, I made my Jeep dealer aware of this recall back in May this year, took me until September to have it done and it's still not 100% compleated, I now have to go back to have it finished. I also recieved the letter telling me I am due a recall. I had to really push the Jeep Dealership to check this recall as they had no notice of it and it's been around now for atleast 2yr in the US.

Fil.

Gary Croft

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up - I called the Dealer and told them I wanted to get it booked in, the guy said he would have to get someone to call back, that was two hours ago......they are only 10 minutes up the road, so I might as well drive up there at lunch!

My cousin had the same issues with Lexus, I got wind of a re-call as I'm in the automotive industry and he had trouble getting them to acknowledge it, denied it for weeks, despite my link coming direct from Lexus UK!

Pippobug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good Luck, just make sure it's a Jeep Garage that is not going to close soon!!! On the Jeep-Club UK one member called the local Jeep Garage and they said: " Sorry Sir we won't be able to do it for you as we are Closing down next Monday!!". As you are in Northamptonshire, you can always, if you have time, run over to Jeep Marshalls in Peterborough, they arte still going strong.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Good luck with it - I hope they fix you up. :cheers:

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what? the ORC?
I just did mine a few months ago.
Call the dealership to figure out what recalls your jeep needs done.