2.5" Daystar kit is ordered....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SurfGuitar141

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How I had to leave it for the night.....
You must be registered for see images attach

These are going to the shop tomorrow morning and changed out right...(the wire tie marks the right side assembly)....

SurfGuitar141

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Woops....dropped the keyboard and posted before I could finish.....

Took the fronts to a local shop where the owner allowed me to use his press, showed up with the prerequisite tray of coffee's and box of donuts for the owner and his crew. Between donut eating, coffee drinking and general B.S'ing the job took 2 hours.
Back home in the driveway it was scorching hot, but there was no stopping me from finishing this project.....(the wife tried a couple times but quickly realized she was getting nowhere's fast and went shopping.

The fronts were a bit of a challenge getting back together, but with a little bit of persuasion I was able to finagle them back in.....(the best part is....no left over hardware)..... :D

How she looked after the fronts were done....

Then it was on to the back end, far easier than the front, but it still held a few challenges of it's own. I broke out the scew spring compressors that failed to do the front springs, but they came in real handy on the back getting those coils over the Daystar spacer.....

Working on the back end......

And this is how she sits now.....

Since I won't be able to get a front end alignment until Monday or Tuesday I'll be keeping my driving to a minimum, however I had to take a short test ride after the job was done.
The ride for the most part hasn't changed, and actually got better since I pulled out the spring spacer nuts I had twisted between the coils to give it what little height boost it had. Those things are notorious for making the ride real stiff, and I could feel the difference without them.
Over all I like the look, and I'm happy with the ride quality, I know there's better out there, but at this point in time I just can't afford better, but I'm not disappointed with plan "B" either.......

Moab

Reaction score
Looks awesome.
Is that a fishin rod rig upfront????
Looks like you could drive right up to the water and set four rods up...
What's for dinner....:D

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
looks nice!

after talking to alot of people..
i dont think the new ride is a matter of how bad it woudl be.. but how much better it could have been with a $700 OME setup..

if youre satisfied with the stock ride then the spacer isnt a bad choice as long as you understand the ramifications.. as i understand it.

SurfGuitar141

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks nice!

after talking to alot of people..
i dont think the new ride is a matter of how bad it woudl be.. but how much better it could have been with a $700 OME setup..

if youre satisfied with the stock ride then the spacer isnt a bad choice as long as you understand the ramifications.. as i understand it.

You are correct sir.....;)

I knew what I was buying and installing, it didn't come with high expectations, but a complete understanding of what it would be. I also fully understood my other choices and their associated costs, my dilemma with the other choices was the associated costs.....(presently putting two kids through college)....... :rolleyes:

Budviper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well surf i like this post very nice write up by you and everyone. This is the lift i have been looking at for the cost as i have one starting college!! Mans gotta do what a mans gotta do, it does look great i have options but not much, So this lift is on my list, And also not compressing the springs myself LOL!!! And dude i thought maybe those where pipe organ tubes LMAO joking but i really didn't know what they were till i read this post. great job man.

SurfGuitar141

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The last phase is now complete.....got my "after lift" front end alignment this morning. Tech told me the bottom of my tires were tracking 1.5" farther out than the tops, which he said is common with a lift. Got it all adjusted and straightened out then went for a ride through the woods to test it.....

crazy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi. Been off of here for a long time , too long. Just wanted to drop a line on you Daystar lift I've had mine on my Libby for about 100,000 miles no problems at all and I wheel it harder than I should (been on it's lid already) still goin strong. I think you'll be happy with it and btw arent they alot more fun with a little altitude;)

j-rod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this is how i want my wifes KJ to look! thanks for the post.

i dont see any mention of daystar strut plates? did you use them or not with this lift?

KJ looks good! I have been back and forth for over a year about what to do to hers. It will spend 99.5% of its time mall crawling so I think this lift will suffice. im definitely not spending $700 + to lift her KJ. If I spend that kind of $$ my XJ is getting long arms. LOL