16x7 Wheel Choices

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scooba Steve

Reaction score
In the near future I will be installing an OME lift (927,948) on my silver 2006 Jeep KJ. I am 99% certain that I will be installing 245/75/16 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs with an aftermarket wheel. I have gathered that I should stick with a 16x7 wheel vs. a 16x8 wheel. I prefer the simple style of a MOAB or the MAMBA MR-1 wheels, however they are only available in a 16x8. The only 16x7 wheels I seem to find are the cragar steel wheels. I do like the cragars but I wanted to see what other options are available, especially for something that is an alloy. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everybody!

Red07KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Steve

I just recently put on 16x7's on my 2007 KJ for the very same reasons. Plus I hated my 17" chrome clad wheels.

I went with a stock rim - this way everything is dialed in and you have no issues or need for modifications. I ended up finding a set of wheels from a 2004 Renegade.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What wheels are on the KJ now? You can get quite a different look just by painting/powdercoating the OEM wheels. Or see if you can find some Renegade wheels

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd powdercoat them like the Renegade wheels.
You must be registered for see images attach

JMHO