07 passenger axle seal...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

farmboy530

Reaction score
So I finely got my 07 passenger side back down to the axle after changing them a few months ago and developing a leak from the axle seal. Passenger side seal WILL NOT COME OUT. I banged on it with many different pry bars, I heated it..pretty much I beat the shit out of it for 2 days. I even dropped so low I drilled a few holes in in hopping it would weaken an I could collapse it...no luck. Now after 3 days and I'm sure too much force I'm sure I damaged the axle housing and the seal, burnt, bent and deranged is still stuck as all hell. So I guess the long and short of my question is can I change out the passenger site axle housing all together and what does it take? I am so over this seal and bs....

rjkj2005

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your not using one of these your wasting your time. You can rent one ant most auto parts stores.
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct. Slide hammer and if that doesn't work cut a small relief in the seal. Note on that though do not cut into the seal mating surface or it will never stop leaking.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

farmboy530

Reaction score
Local parts store has the hammer but not the attachment....if I have to buy the attachment what is it called and is there a specific size I need? Thanks guys, I'm up shit creek with this one....

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Local parts store has the hammer but not the attachment....if I have to buy the attachment what is it called and is there a specific size I need? Thanks guys, I'm up shit creek with this one....

Go to another parts store for the attachment. I usually have to frequent at least 2 to get something done.
Places that rent for free.

Autozone
Advanced Auto
O'Reillys
Some NAPAs (But check the fine print)

Latest posts

Members online