07 Liberty no power from battery to anything.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

djmarkle

Reaction score
Drove my Liberty home from work. No issues at all. It sat in the driveway all day. Went out to leave for work and have no power to anything. No interior lights, dash lights, power locks with key on or off. I had the battery tested and it failed so I bought a new one installed it and still have nothing. Any ideas what the problem could be?

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
My underhood panel may be different as mine is a 2004.
Look for the ASD relay on your panel & swap it out with another one close by.
Did that help?

Attachments

• ASD Relay.jpg
    ASD Relay.jpg
    259.1 KB · Views: 10

djmarkle

Reaction score
My underhood panel may be different as mine is a 2004.
Look for the ASD relay on your panel & swap it out with another one close by.
Did that help?
I will do that in a little while and let you know. I just came in from outside and hands are numb lol. Good old Pennsylvania. 26⁰

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
That's Great ! Wouldn't be a bad idea to have another 30 amp relay on standby. (not expensive at all)
Could be a contact issue. Glad the Jeep is working again! :)

djmarkle

Reaction score
That's Great ! Wouldn't be a bad idea to have another 30 amp relay on standby. (not expensive at all)
Could be a contact issue. Glad the Jeep is working again! :)
I'm picking up another one today to have on hand just in case.

Duster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah need to pull it all the way at some point and check for corrosion in the block and on the relay.

CRC makes a can of stuff called battery terminal protectant that comes in either a Red can or a Yellow can. The can is kinda short. Grab one with a straw and use it on connections if you find you have to clean corrosion. It stinks but it works for keeping away the green corrosion.

I had another situation were I had corrosion on something else and it would show up in all the connectors even after cleaning and using dielectric grease (which also collects dirt). I cleaned everything and used the CRC. Now I don't use dielectric grease anymore. I re-treat if I disconnect something or I replace a fuse or sensor, etc. It's really helped me on that.

My liberty has never had any corrosion issues.

djmarkle

Reaction score
Yeah need to pull it all the way at some point and check for corrosion in the block and on the relay.

CRC makes a can of stuff called battery terminal protectant that comes in either a Red can or a Yellow can. The can is kinda short. Grab one with a straw and use it on connections if you find you have to clean corrosion. It stinks but it works for keeping away the green corrosion.

I had another situation were I had corrosion on something else and it would show up in all the connectors even after cleaning and using dielectric grease (which also collects dirt). I cleaned everything and used the CRC. Now I don't use dielectric grease anymore. I re-treat if I disconnect something or I replace a fuse or sensor, etc. It's really helped me on that.

My liberty has never had any corrosion issues.
In the end it turned into a combination of things. The battery was bad so I replaced it and the relay. Also had a cracked negative battery terminal which I replaced. Has run great again since then. I'll definitely look into the CRC as well. Thank you.

Reactions: klc

Latest posts

Members online