05 Renegade Silver Bumper Trim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rauder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get the silver bumper trim on a 05 Renegade? I have a 05 Sport that I would like to install it on...

Rauder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't believe its paint. I've seen a couple of postings were some guys actually lost them while off roading. This is for a 2005 Renegade...maybe the 06 has the piece installed?? I'm talking about the silver piece just below the license plate.

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not going to argue with you, but, I own an '05 Renegade, and when I used a Sawzall to remove the lower bumper bits it was really evident that the silver part was plastic. Not metal, not a metal applique and certainly not metallic in any way, shape or form.

Rauder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just checked with Chrysler Jeep the part number is 68050951AA. It's called a Front Fascia Trim Plate. Here is the best, Jeep wants $245.00 for the part, they are out of there minds.....

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
I have to agree with ptsb5a as I have and 05 Renegade too... That silver piece of trim is simply a silver painted piece of plastic. Its not metal or rigid of any kind. Not to mention you can't simply remove this piece off a renegade and install it on your sport. It is made to the bumper. You would have to remove your bumper cover and install one from a renegade in order to get the look you want from the renegade.

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43175

Asked about this before didn't you? Check the Mopar parts manual for the '05 KJ. Look at figure 013-210, there ar about 9 different front bumper covers listed for the KJ, no trim piece, no paint codes. Maybe the bit you're looking at is some Putco stick on crap or Mopar accessory. I ran the PN through the .pdf parts book, "no search result found". Are you sure that the part is for an '05 and not a later model?

Last edited:

Rauder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is the 05 Renegade and the 05 Liberty. The red arrows point out the part i'm looking for. Chrysler has the part, it should fit on my 05 Liberty if the bumper is the same.

Attachments

• Liberty1.JPG
    Liberty1.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 12
  • Renegade1.JPG
    Renegade1.JPG
    22.6 KB · Views: 16

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey man, I totally get what you're looking for. Problem is, mine had a silver chunk but it wasn't metal, metaliic or remotely metal-like. Like I said, it's just an accent paint and part of the all plastic front facia. Man, I feel like I'm screaming to be heard.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Rauder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$ 176.40

from this guy:
https://www.checkanumber.com/advsearch.php?
write the part number in the field and press enter.

I ordered the part from a Chrysler dealership in Florida who honored the internet price of $176.40. Received the part today and installed it on my Liberty, makes a much better look on the front of my Jeep.
Looks awsome..thanks everyone for your inputs.
Ray

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got pics dude? Quite honestly, the front of my Renegade had a painted bit of plastic there. I'd like to see what it is that you purchased and how it installed on the KJ.