05 Libby Stock Goodyears

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

db55

Reaction score
for the moment i am stuck with having to contend with the stock goodyear wrangler ST's on our Liberty. the air pressure for these tires is listed at 33/33. for some owners there is a personal preference on the pressure that works best for ride comfort and road noise. what pressure are some of you running, who happen to be stuck with the stock tires?

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm stuck! I have the 235/70 Goodyears. The door say 34, but I tend to set them up to 38. No issues... other then not having to add air as often as it gets colder. Although last Spring as it go warmer they would run up to 40 when hot, so I took out a little air. I really do not notice a ride difference or MPG. I'm going by the EVIC by the way.

Unfortunately I'll run them for a while as they haven't shown a lot of wear, and I am doing a five-tire rotation. I'll keep them on for at least 30k (rotations every 6k) as I don't care to spend the money yet on new tires (I'm currently at 10k). I have heard they will last 50k! cryinghard.gif

P.S. Revos are next!

PitViper

Reaction score
If you have the stock goodyear SR-A's run them with at least 35psi. My 04' sport handled so much better on the road with a little extra air.

As for the ST's I have not even checked them since I bought the 05' Renegade last month.

db55

Reaction score
thanks for your replies guys. guess i should experiment a little and up the pressure somewhat and see how they wear and perform.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I keep 35 in mine, it tends to push really bad in the turns, and im not playing around. In the rain its even worse, i think if i air them down it would help that alittle, but the wear is really good at 15k, and im ******* them, if im not fish tailing, im sliding around a turn, lol im a crazy driver. So i think ill keep right at 35 in them, in the winter i may go to 33 for traction reasons in the snow. next im getting the 245/70/17 yoko geos. hopefully they will fit with no lift?

gsbrockman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ditched the OEM Wrangler ST's in favor of some P235/70R16 Bridgestone Dueler A/T REVO's.....I typically run 36 psi in them; better fuel economy and a little more even wear, too. Be sure to check & set your tire pressure at least monthly, more often if you feel froggy.
Greg

Latest posts

Members online