'04 Liberty Brush Guard

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Almost looks like the one from Jeep but not quite
Not worth installing anyways

gtommec

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is the Mopar Accessories Tubular Brush Guard The one pictures is Graphite Metallic part number 82208229

It was also available in Chrome/black, Black, Bright Silver, Flame Red, Patriot Blue, Shale Green, Stone White, Chrome/Grey and Dark Neutral Grey. (I have the part numbers for any of the colors if you need them)

as for its usefulness, it works fine for what it is, that is a BRUSH guard. It does exactly what it is designed for, which is keeping brush off of the grille and headlights. It does not offer any collision protection nor is it a push bar, but it wasn't designed to be either.

Last edited:

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Not worth installing anyways

Not unless you install it with a winch like this similar looking one on this guy's Rig!
We'd like something like that, only functional and made of DOM tubing so we have
jacking points...
You must be registered for see images attach

Jen and I are looking at an ARB front bumper in the future.

jschenck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ry n' Jen, what is the brush guard pictured in the picture you posted?

I'm looking for a decent guard at a decent price, I prefer just the center stack without the headlight protectors (imagine the one I posted minus the headlight bars) and that's what I'm looking for. Any suggestions?

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Ry n' Jen, what is the brush guard pictured in the picture you posted?

I'm looking for a decent guard at a decent price, I prefer just the center stack without the headlight protectors (imagine the one I posted minus the headlight bars) and that's what I'm looking for. Any suggestions?

I'm not sure which make or model that Mexican Heep has on it.

As far as the Mopar one, check this page: Phil has one on his KJ
http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34418
Haven't seen him online in a ***** age though.
And this one:
http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40916
http://jeepkj.com/forum/showthread.php?p=331448
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=59530

BTW, Chrysler also has/had a moulded brush guard available for the KJ.

Also, what about this guard from Go Rhino, is it functional? I couldn't find any specs on it. and, does it look half decent on the kj? I've seen many brushguards that look better off than on the kjs.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/GRH-3645C/?rtype=10

I think those are more cosmetic than anything!
Not to mention that like any brush guard, they use the same mounting points as the front tow hooks so if you plan on any off roading you will be SOL if you need to get yanked out after getting stuck!

Not a KJ, but you'll get the point!
[YT]mISY8-ax2NU[/YT]
[YT]WJsB3xMgvBs[/YT]

They kill your approach angle, especially if you are pointing down a very steep decline. Like going through a deep ditch.

Last edited:

chill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, what about this guard from Go Rhino, is it functional? I couldn't find any specs on it. and, does it look half decent on the kj? I've seen many brushguards that look better off than on the kjs.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/GRH-3645C/?rtype=10

IMO, this guards looks OK, it has drill outs for lights (something I like) and the chrome would go with the chrome like plastic I have on my Libby. But Ry' N Jen make a good point in the Hooks. I'd llike hooks, but looking at the mounts on this guard, not gonna happen.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Look around at other cheap brush guards on trucks /SUVs they are very thin walled and rust over a few short years. Throwing money away on something that does nothing for you really, unless you just want the looks. Everytime I see one I laugh at the thought someone spent money on it

jschenck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm, good thoughts. My main desire is a brush guard/grille guard/bull bar/push bar that looks good cosmetically but is rigid enough to provide front impact protection. Isthere even one out there worth my money that will serve those purposes?

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Hmm, good thoughts. My main desire is a brush guard/grille guard/bull bar/push bar that looks good cosmetically but is rigid enough to provide front impact protection. Isthere even one out there worth my money that will serve those purposes?

No, not really.
Even the Setina looks good but is far from it. Just ask LibertyTC how much extra work he had to have done in order to get a good solid mounting/installation.
Even then?
Off road you will get hung up on so much that you would end up spending more time digging yourself out of the :poop:!
Not to mention that it too uses the tow hook mounting points for the install.
And it is not strong enough to hook a tow strap or winch cable to get yourself unstuck!
No matter what you do to it, you will pull the push bar away from the mounting hardware. (Just like in the video's I posted!)

jschenck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay. Wow, this may change things...

I won't really be doing much off-roading, so clearance and tow-hooks aren't really essential. My main desire for a brush guard/bull bar was something that was cosmetically pleasing while giving protection for the front end in the event of a minor collision, such as being backed into, or a minor "fender bender", etc. But, it sounds like there isn't really anything out there that will provide this for me, right?

JeepinJarhead03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not 'really'

All of those type guard attachments are nothing but a large lever and quite a few of them will shake if you just walk up and grab them

you could probably get a rod shop to build you something that attached appropriately with some careful trimming of the front fascia and integrate recovery points but you'll lose most of your fascia in those sections from the tow hook down - but that's at the least a third cash towards an arb or something

in the end.. ya gotta be happy with whatever ya do.. all we're doing and making sure you understand the drawbacks to a particular design

either way it won't be the death of ya, seen a few hoods get replaced that otherwise wouldn't have had to though