04 3.7 with Standard trans - Drivability TSB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MAFDaddy

Reaction score
My '04 Liberty had these exact symptons. Thanks for posting the TSB info. I took my Jeep to the dealer, they performed the fix and it runs and drives great now. Huge difference. =D>

roadrunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MAFDaddy said:
My '04 Liberty had these exact symptons. Thanks for posting the TSB info. I took my Jeep to the dealer, they performed the fix and it runs and drives great now. Huge difference. =D>

Me too! Am very pleased with the result. (band2)

lvmylibby

Reaction score
hesitation gone!

When I saw this post I was hopeful. Today I'm a believer. Since I got the control module flashed at the dealer, there's no more hesitation when accelerating.
I might note that the TSB says hesitation is noticed when aggressively accelerating between shifts. I actually noticed it more when I was accelerating slowly in any gear(other than first) with the revs under 2000.

Thanks KJHawaii!!!!

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re: hesitation gone!

lvmylibby said:
When I saw this post I was hopeful. Today I'm a believer. Since I got the control module flashed at the dealer, there's no more hesitation when accelerating.
I might note that the TSB says hesitation is noticed when aggressively accelerating between shifts. I actually noticed it more when I was accelerating slowly in any gear(other than first) with the revs under 2000.

Thanks KJHawaii!!!!

Do you have a stick shift? Also, how did you go about getting the dealer to do this/what was the cost?

Thanks!

lvmylibby

Reaction score
no cost

This repair is covered under warranty, is didn't cost anything. Yes, mine is a 'stick shift'. Print out the TSB and take it with you to your dealer. They will test drive it and if the symptoms your Liberty has match the TSB, they will perform the computer update. If they don't notice the hesitation when they test drive it you could have to pay a diagnosing fee.
The hesitation mine had was noticable but inconsistant. They updated the computer anyway and the problem is gone.