'03 Jeep Liberty Mopar Radiator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrad

Reaction score
Thanks much for that. I wish the dealers (local and online) had access to the same info. Could've shaved a ton of time off my search.

Yes the '03 was definitely a transition year. Ones built early in the production cycle (mine was 7/02) were still in-radiator cooled but the later '03s weren't.

I did end up finding a Mopar radiator with ports. I might actually consider adding an external cooler as a supplement but that's probably a project for another day.

JibeHo22

Reaction score
Thanks much for that. I wish the dealers (local and online) had access to the same info. Could've shaved a ton of time off my search.

Yes the '03 was definitely a transition year. Ones built early in the production cycle (mine was 7/02) were still in-radiator cooled but the later '03s weren't.

I did end up finding a Mopar radiator with ports. I might actually consider adding an external cooler as a supplement but that's probably a project for another day.
Sounds good. I know how frustrating it can be finding parts for older vehicles, and the dealers are often clueless. Glad you were able to find what you were searching for.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does your Liberty have the 45rfe trans? I always thought all libertys with the 45rfe trans had the inrad cooler while all 42rles did not.

mrad

Reaction score
Yes it has the 45RFE. I always thought '03 Libertys that came off the production line earlier were more likely to have a 45RFE but of course, I don't know that for certain. Just an assumption.

Last edited:

mrad

Reaction score
I wonder the same thing, got a "mopar" thermostat from dealer a while back and it says motorad on it, but also has the chrysler emblem. I hope they are just sourcing work out but still holding them to a higher standard.

Finally had a chance to put my new rad and hoses in. Noticed my Mopar thermostat was Motorad too. I guess that's standard now.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Members online