02-07 (KJ) Polyurethane Front Differential Bushings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hadtomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It might be less expensive for you to order them from Europe- there are a number of companies that make and seek them in Czechia and Poland.
Keywords are Jeep Cherokee III.
the only thing i found was a polish made snorkel. which is nice but not needed.

any useful links?

klc

“It flies like a truck.”
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
If only there was a spiral wound repair guide called "Keeping yout Jeep Liberty Alive: A step by step guide for the complete idiot!" - for all you VW old-timers...
Would Buy.

vlad588

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From; Creative Steel
02-07 JEEP LIBERTY (KJ) POLYURETHANE FRONT DIFFERENTIAL BUSHINGS $129.95

Do you feel or hear a “clunk” when accelerating/decelerating? If so then your front differential bushings are a likely cause. The rubber material that the factory used for these bushings is very soft with considerable air space in the bushings, and these bushings are under tremendous strain during vehicle acceleration/deceleration. These three points lead to the early demise of the factory bushings.

Our polyurethane front differential bushings are the perfect replacement for your old cracked or missing rubber OEM bushings. Our replacement bushings are made using polyurethane that is stronger than the OEM rubber and they are 100% filled (no air space) which minimizes deflection between the inner aluminum tube and the outer housing.
I’m trying to install these bushings and ran into some issues removing old bushings. The instructions call for full removal of 3 oem bushings and cutting out the rubber on the fourth one. The 3 bushings that need to be removed are totally fused to the casing but i’ll try hydraulic press today and hopefully that will get them out. As far the one that needs to have oem housing left in place are there any good ways/trick/methods of getting all the rubber out?

Reaction score
I’m trying to install these bushings and ran into some issues removing old bushings. The instructions call for full removal of 3 oem bushings and cutting out the rubber on the fourth one. The 3 bushings that need to be removed are totally fused to the casing but i’ll try hydraulic press today and hopefully that will get them out. As far the one that needs to have oem housing left in place are there any good ways/trick/methods of getting all the rubber out?
Did you ever solve this issue ?
I bought both rack and differential bushings back a few months ago, when I rebuilt my engine. Changed the rack bushings out, but ran out of time with use of the garage and so the diff bushings could not be done. I had to get the engine back in the Jeep. Hoping its not too difficult of a job to do now lol

vlad588

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you ever solve this issue ?
I bought both rack and differential bushings back a few months ago, when I rebuilt my engine. Changed the rack bushings out, but ran out of time with use of the garage and so the diff bushings could not be done. I had to get the engine back in the Jeep. Hoping its not too difficult of a job to do now lol
Yes i did solve it. Hydraulic press made easy work of the two bushing and with the third one I looked at some youtube videos and did as they advised. Heated up bushing outer casing until chemical bond between rubber and metal broke down (roughly 350 degrees) and then i just used socket to push out the rubber. Came out like butter.

Latest posts

Members online