Steering gear mount???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

family KJ

JPOTM WINNER
Reaction score
Help please!! Please view the pic. This is of a bolt.... looks as though it is attached to the steering gear (if that is the correct term) It is almost directly under the oil filter (noticed while changing the oil over the week-end) Anyway, the bushing or gasket is shot, as you can see, any of you know the exact terminology for this part and/or has completed repair before... Thanks

Attachments

• cell pics 014.jpg
    cell pics 014.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 42

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
That would be your steering rack bushing - one of 2 of them. I replaced the set in my KJ last summer. It's not terribly difficult to do, but it's advisable to have an extra set of hands to help you. Also, here's a link to some of the information I used when doing the swap... and I added my own 2-cents once the job was done.

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=47634

Good luck!

family KJ

JPOTM WINNER
Reaction score
Wow, a bit more involved than I would have ever thought and may be more time than I have.. Thanks alot for the link and advice..