*********'s 1st SFA Trail Run...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Inc

Free
Reaction score
Some friends and I ran a trail called Dolores, also known as Misery, last night. 6 rigs went, 5 made it through. A busted front hub, rear tail light, one winching, and a smoked clutch were all on the menu for the run.

This YJ is built really well and handled the trail pretty easily. e is running 37s and lockers front and rear.
You must be registered for see images attach

This TJ also did really really well. He too is running lockers front and rear and 37s. The woman driving is his friend that does some of his driving after he had a stroke recently, and she did well. She almost put it on its side, but all in all she did good.

This XJ is also built really well, but he blew a front passenger Mile Marker hub because he had way too much tire spin and then it caught traction. He backed up after it blew and smashed his rear passenger tail light too. He decided to take the bypasses after that and I had to winch him out of the nasty part of the trail

The next guy had a Tj on 32s and was open in both diffs. He did really well but smoked his clutch a bit and may have to have it replaced soon. We had to stack a lot of rock s though, which were al unstacked to keep it tough for the bigger rigs.

This guy and I have run this trail before. I dented my door on it actually and he had a locker last time we ran it, but he fried it so he was open open on this run, but did good with minimal stacking.
Cheap Harbor Freight Rock Lights work well

Inc

Free
Reaction score
Here is ********* making it through...

Inc

Free
Reaction score
More shots of everyone:

Inc

Free
Reaction score
Even more...

This is the same rock that got my door last time. It almost did again, and would have if I didn't have a ton of extra clearance this time.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really nice. That is some serious rock crawling. The KJ did good.

Nice pic's. Thanks for posting them.

Dave

03kjsport

Reaction score
looks killer mike! those rock lights are pretty sweet also. you guys are bananas with that night riding! hope the fam's doing well! take care!

Inc

Free
Reaction score
Looks like fun,good to see it out,working as it should.

Really nice. That is some serious rock crawling. The KJ did good.

Nice pic's. Thanks for posting them.

Dave

Thanks guys. It turned out pretty good. I was going to do another run tonight, but it looks like it will be tomorrow morning instead.

looks killer mike! those rock lights are pretty sweet also. you guys are bananas with that night riding! hope the fam's doing well! take care!

Thanks buddy. The family is doing well, hope you are too.

That is twice I've run that trail and both times at night, not sure why we always do it at night, but it sure adds to the difficulty. nana.gif

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
So was the SFA worth the dough???? :D :D

Nice Jeeps. I had a black WJ like that one, but stock....

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Nice Mike! I see you put your rock rails to good use too.

I think Chrysler really missed the boat by not putting SFA in the KJ from the get go.

Inc

Free
Reaction score
So was the SFA worth the dough???? :D :D

Nice Jeeps. I had a black WJ like that one, but stock....

If I had to do it again, I would do it a little differently and get 12 or 14 inch coilovers for the front. I will eventually go that route, but the 10" will do for now. Other than that, I am extremely pleased with how everything turned out and performed on the jeep.

Nice Mike! I see you put your rock rails to good use too.

I think Chrysler really missed the boat by not putting SFA in the KJ from the get go.

Yeah, the rock rails took a beating, but they did their job. I came down really really hard 3 times on them, 1 driver and 2 passenger and they held up perfectly and saved my doors.

Chrysler is or was run by a bunch of idiots. There are tons of things they should not have done to quite a few in their lineup. I think I got mine about where I want it now though. :D

Inc

Free
Reaction score
Thanks.

On the road the tires are fairly quiet for an off road tire, much quieter than my 31" Trxus tires.
It rained all day one day last week for over 24 hours and the MT/Rs were great in the rain. No sliping at all and no apparent loss of traction at all when comparing to dry conditions. Very impressed.
Off road they are amazing in the rocks. I aired them down to only 20 psi and they still wrapped around boulders and stuck to everything. They did good in the wet stuff, but not great. They cleaned very easily with very little throttle. They are not a Mud tire like Super Swampers but for the amount of mud my jeeps sees they will be great. If you play in gumbo a lot, I'd get another tire.

Overall I am extremely pleased with everything about the tires.

Inc

Free
Reaction score
Wow....reno4x4 doesn't joke around....nice rigs and great pics!

lol3.gif

Yeah, there are some really well built rigs in our local group. Most of these, mine included, are on the more mild side too. :eek: