Goodyear Wrangler All-Terrain Adventure With Kevlar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Any Members using these? How thick /strong are the sidewalls now?
The all terrain adventure must be replacing the name Silent Armor.
I am currently running 245-65-17 & may jump a bit into 245-70-17.
I dont suppose 265 would be a good idea right?
They might work as I'm well lifted with spidertrax too..any thoughts?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Any Members using these? How thick /strong are the sidewalls now?
The all terrain adventure must be replacing the name Silent Armor.
I am currently running 245-65-17 & may jump a bit into 245-70-17.
I dont suppose 265 would be a good idea right?
They might work as I'm well lifted with spidertrax too..any thoughts?

From what I was reading it seems that yes the old Silent Armor is gone and the new Wrangler All terrain is taking its place.
Its another tire I have been looking at but wasn't sure if it was any good in the snow

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Ya Tom, as probably new no one has installed them yet I suppose.
I will have to get into a store & inspect them for myself. They do have a snow flake rating which is good!
According to the site GY Says "Superb traction in the snow and rain thanks to its tread compound and biting edges that help grip the road"
All I know is that when My silent Armor's were new (deep tread) they were unstoppable in snow in 4WD. Of course as the tires wear, you have less depth and not as good with less tread.
Ice/black ice is what really scares me with a heavy rig. I wonder for winter if I would not be better off having steel rims and a set of dedicated snow tires.
I think with snow tires the stopping distance would be better on snows and ice.
Overall the Silent Armors have been good no punctures at all even on rocky roads.
They do ok in mud too....will have to look at them in a store & see whats up with this new brand. I like that they are relatively quiet and have some Kevlar in them.

Last edited:

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a set of snow tires but they are not all got. snow tires also have there down falls like the fact that if you have studded snows they are very loud on the highway even louder than my general grabber at2's. Also running studded snows on dry pavement can be dangerous. But if you want to be safe in the winter and want to keep your expensive summer rims free from corrosion snow tires are your best road to go.

tlrtucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have several trucks/suv's here at my work that run the new Wranglers and they are pretty good. Of course it's all highway and shoulder of the road driving, but they run pretty quiet, handle well in the snow and rain and seem to be holding up with lots of use.

I wouldn't say they are the best out there, but I dont think you'd be disappointed with them unless you do a lot mudding....

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

There you go.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

There you go.

Why do tire shops let vehicles go out the door with the blue still on?
Back in the day I would of fired the dumba** that would let one go like that, just seems unprofessional to me

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and I would have washed them too, if I hadn't gotten hit less than a week later. :(

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why do tire shops let vehicles go out the door with the blue still on?
Back in the day I would of fired the dumba** that would let one go like that, just seems unprofessional to me

We were always told to make sure that was completely removed, I would have gotten fired for sending it out like that lol.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok both Matt & John have the new tires. How thick are the sidewalls on them?
The silent Armors were real strong thick compared to many others.
You could easily air down on them & not worry. This I also like!
I was at Can Tire they still had the ole Silent Armor on display..Joke.
I assume the new tires should also have the reinforced sidewalls (Duraguard)

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Bert Look forward to a report & still wondering how tough the sidewalls are.
If you take your thumb and press in on the sidewalls are they strong & not flimsy,thickness?
I am sure you will really like the new All-Terrain Adventure.
Get a few photos too please! We like photos!!

boboborino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes for sure! When I get them. I ordered from discount tire direct and got them shipped to state side where I'll pick them up. Should have them by the end of the week.

Bert

boboborino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: I installed these in spring of '15 and never thought anything to special of these running through the summer. Yes much better than the SR-A's , but what wouldn't be? Hydroplaning was minimal and manageable. Quiet as any new AT should be. And dry pavement grip is good/great(It's a JEEP). Anyway, it was still summer here on November 10th,and Winter showed up on the 11th.This is my wife's winter DD, but the last few days I've been driving it quite a bit, on the not so nice roads, snow and ice covered. I am impressed! Great grip! Even without the 4x. Not much sliding while coming to a stop, if at all. Just turned and ask my wife what she thought, and she is happy with them!:happy107: I will not lie, I wish they were more aggressive looking, but for the purpose of this vehicle(for now) I have no regrets with the purchase of these tires.

Bert

Latest posts

Members online