How many Trim Levels did the KJ come with?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gtommec

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay so I changed insurance companies (and let me tell you with four of the same vehicle trying to keep the vins straight was fun lol) Anywho I get my new insurance papers today and this is what my vehicles are listed as:

2002 Jeep Liberty Sport
2002 Jeep Liberty Renegade
2003 Jeep Liberty Limited
2004 Jeep Liberty Freedom

What was the Freedom Edition anyway ? (mine is a Sport and not a Freedom but my insurance company says the VIN comes back to a freedom :sad72: )

but that got me thinking how many different trim levels did the KJ come in?

Obviously we have Sport, Limited and Renegade but how many others? When I was shopping around for my 04 I looked at a Rocky Mountain Edition and a Colombia Edition (which looked identical to me except the Rocky MTn had Jeep embroidered in the seats and the Colombia had Colombia embroidered on the Seats) What else was there?

LibertyGuy

Reaction score
The "Freedom Edition" KJ was a trim level in 2003 and was not available in any other year. It was called Rocky Mountain in Canada.

EDIT: Here's some more info I found :

Liberty Freedom
Accentuating the more rugged side of Jeep Liberty, the 2003 Jeep Liberty Freedom Edition has a graphite painted grille, front and rear fascia, and "bolted-on" wheel flares, as well as body color side moldings. Black sidewall P235/65R17 Goodyear Wrangler SR-A all-season tires mount on 17-inch graphite painted cast aluminum wheels.

Inside, the Jeep Liberty Freedom Edition features a two-tone appearance incorporating Dark Slate Gray and Light Taupe trim to give it a unique, sporty look. Power windows/locks/mirrors and an AM/FM stereo radio with CD player and changer controls are standard.
In addition, unique Mopar equipment was designed to complement this vehicle including a graphite painted front brush guard, side rock rails and tail lamp guards.

The 2003 Jeep Liberty Freedom Edition is powered by the 3.7-liter Power Tech V-6 engine rated at 210 horsepower (157 kW) at 5,200 rpm, and 235 lb.-ft (319 Nm) of torque at 4,000 rpm. Freedom Edition Liberty vehicles are available with either a five-speed manual or automatic transmission. Available in both two- and four-wheel drive, four-wheel drive models come standard with the Command-Trac® part-time four-wheel drive system.

A version of the Freedom Edition Jeep line will also be available outside the United States as the Rocky Mountain Edition in Canada.

Last edited:

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
65th Anniversary

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
2002:
Sport
Renegade
Limited

2003:
Sport
Renegade
Freedom Edition
Limited

2004:
Sport
Renegade
Columbia Edition
Rocky Mountain Edition
Limited

2005:
Sport
Renegade
Rocky Mountain
Limited

2006:
Sport
Sport Special Edition
65th Anniversary
Renegade
Limited

2007:
Sport
Latitude
Limited

I think I am missing one on the later two years.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online