What does everyone use for rust prevention?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twixy79

Reaction score
thanks for all the input... since i have no idea how well the car previously maintained, i think i will pay the professionals to do it this time around, and will think about doing it myself next time... besides, i dont have the garage space to do it until i clean the garage and that is not happening anytime soon lol

jeepguy4276

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for all the input... since i have no idea how well the car previously maintained, i think i will pay the professionals to do it this time around, and will think about doing it myself next time... besides, i dont have the garage space to do it until i clean the garage and that is not happening anytime soon lol

Check out what the undercoating guarantee is. Some offer lifetime rust or reapply guaranties. If they don't clean it up though, it will either fall off or trap moisture under it causing rust.

If you really want protection, consider por-15. You can clean an area then apply it and keep going until the underside is coated. It will deal with any rust that might be there and offer protection for the future. You could even get the undercoating after applying it. Might be your best bet for rust prevention on a used rig.

I have no underbody rust but last winter it broke out in my rockers. Now both rockers are half gone. I'm ordering new rockers and I'll use por-15 on them to try and slow future rust problems.

tthompson442

Reaction score
I 've used the CorrosionFree product on my door panels. I've also had the entire KJ done by Krown.com. Great product that displaces any water as it is applied. It does not harden so if there is a scratch on the under carriage, it spreads over the scratch. It's based in Canada so not easily accessed. There is one franchise in Michigan that I know of.

Latest posts

Members online