Thoughts on the Fuel/Air sensors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikeandamy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about replacing my MAP, IAC and TPS sensors and was wondering:

1. overall do you think it's a good idea to replace all the sensors? I pulled my IAC off and it was heavily dirty, cleaned it off but it won't come fully clean so I thought I would replace it and figured while I was there to do the others that are there. I've read the MAP sensor can be a real pain but I am replacing my A/C compressor anyways so why not do it then.

2. Rockauto.com carry's 2 brands of sensors: STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS and AIRTEX / WELLS. they look to carry 2 models of standard motor 1 is the most expensive and 1 is least and the Aritex is in the middle as far as pricing goes. Has anyone used these sensors? what brand, were you happy? does price matter? whats the difference between the 2 standard models?

Just looking for some info.

Thanks

sevenhelmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless your idle is high and/or rough, or one of the other sensors is clearly malfunctioning, I don't think it's necessary to change them. Save yourself the time and expense. It's normal for the IAC to have some deposits on it. I took mine out and used seafoam on a rag to clean it up.

Latest posts

Members online