P0340 changed sensor truck still stalling.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Savoo

Reaction score
I bought this jeep liberty 2006 3.7 rode fine the first day. I didn’t pay attention to the gas so it was on e with like 7 miles of range. When I woke up in the morning I seen that it needed gas so I went to get some gas. Fueled her up and turned it on got an engine code then the car started stalling. Got it back home and it was p0340,went and got a new sensor changed it drove fine for like 15 mins. When I stopped at the destination I came back like 10 mins later crunk up fine pulled off and boom problems back. Got it back home somehow with it stalling, checked the engine code same p0340. I went and got a new camshaft position sensor just like above did the same thing. Rode for 15 mins and stalled, so I thought let me clean the sensors crank sensor and cam sensor and also cleaned a transmission fluid pressure sensor. Man it rode like a champ all engine codes were gone and rode for hours perfectly then boom back to the same problem. Also I have codes p0340, p0841, p0846 it has transmission fluid but no idea.
Thank you,

Ksat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
According to KBB, P0340 indicates a problem with the wiring on the sensor. I never tinkered with the one on my lib, but typically that sensor has power, ground and the output signal wire. You may want to check yours to see if you have that.