Suspension Piece Parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Andynator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm going to install OME HD springs and struts on my '02. It's not high-mileage, but I figure since everything is going to be apart anyway, I would like to go ahead and replace the piece parts while I'm at it - nuts, bolts, bushings, etc etc... anyone know if all that stuff is available as a kit?

Better yet, where can I find a master parts book? I'll order up my own.

One other thing - I see generally mixed opinions on whether or not to replace the upper control arms? I don't do any rock-crawling, just moderate off-road and wade some streams.

Thanks,
Andy

jsc7002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the nuts and bolts is up to you, as for the A-arms if thats all you do youll be fine I have OME HD and a clevis and I dont need them and I gained 3"

jeepkj02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PM me your email address, I send you a PDF of part numbers.

Check RockAuto, the prices are the lowest I've seen. As for the UCA, you won't get back into perfect alignment without it.

Lima.Charlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could someone PM me the part numbers too? I am about to put a lift on and would like to replace the pieces parts, like the nuts and bolts and such....

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Don't have to replace the nuts and bolts , they don't wear out just added expense for nothing really. Mines been apart at least twenty times, 134,000 miles and the original bolts.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
without JBA arms you can get the alignment to where it runs down the road straight and does not wear the tires at all. All you need is someone who knows how to do alignments

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
While it is a worth while investment NOT everyone has the cash to lay it all out at the same time as a lift. So you can run without them. Some are lucky enough to have all the money they need and then some some don't so you can run without, you can get an alignment and it WILL NOT wear the tires if you get someone who again knows what they are doing.

Mine did great for over 70,000 miles, then i got a special deal on the arms and switched them out, my stock arms were still good and now on someone elses!

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While it is a worth while investment NOT everyone has the cash to lay it all out at the same time as a lift. So you can run without them. Some are lucky enough to have all the money they need and then some some don't so you can run without, you can get an alignment and it WILL NOT wear the tires if you get someone who again knows what they are doing.

Mine did great for over 70,000 miles, then i got a special deal on the arms and switched them out, my stock arms were still good and now on someone elses!
I have to disagree with you on this one Tom.Not all KJ's are made the same as you know and the deletion of the cradle centering bolts(sometime in '03 or '04) makes trying to get some alignments on newer KJ's almost impossible even if stock.Sure you can get it close but tire wear will always result(camber) or a slight pull(caster).I've done more alignments on KJ's(both lifted and stock) to know that '02 KJ's are far easier to align then newer ones due to cradle centering bolts.Even if all is in the green tire wear and a pull can still result as you should know.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
OK Troy I will argue the point, everyone that I have done my shop has been able to get close enough to the specs that no tire wear and no pull not sire on later 06-07s but earlier no problems at all. True top of the spaecs but no problems even 04s

long_tall_texan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Firestone was able to get mine all in on my 07 too after my lift. And I have no pull or uneven wear. I check my tread depth every time I change oil and rotate tires. I measure dept at inner, middle, and outer tread to insure even wear. So far so good.

Latest posts

Members online