Stuck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
My .02 about the BFG AT's...they suck-diddly-uck Flanders. Yes I know how many many people love and brag up their BFG AT's, but having bought a set brand new and drove 2 winters on them....I won't ever buy them again...ever.
I bought a set of "cheap" winter tires for half the price, and they were twice the tire , compared to the BFG's. The BFG's would pack full of snow in the treads, and there you were, all done for traction........:eek:

Arctic Claw tires,made by Cooper Tire I believe, were awesome for about $85 per tire@ 245/75/16.

Andynator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to hijack here.. But what wheels are those you got on?? Nice looking Steelies...

No big deal, some el-cheapos I got from Tire Rack a couple of years ago. I think they're Plymouth minivan wheels that happened to have the right offset to fit. I got them for $25 or $30 apiece just to mount the "snow" tires which ended up to be semi-permanent when the economy went south.

There are 4 types of OME steel wheels for the KJ, the regular spoked wheel in silver and black; and a dimpled spoked wheel in silver and black. I haven't been able to source the black dimpled wheel.

Hasn't been above freezing in Ohio for about four weeks, else I would have hit the car wash.

You must be registered for see images

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Must be colder down there, here in Toledo I washed mine off today! Cold yes but not cold enough to stop me from washing the crap off !

The wheels are they 16 inch? is so could you find a number for them ?

LOST is having a M&G/ Fun Day close to you in Feb. at the Mad River Ski place should come out

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No big deal, some el-cheapos I got from Tire Rack a couple of years ago. I think they're Plymouth minivan wheels that happened to have the right offset to fit. I got them for $25 or $30 apiece just to mount the "snow" tires which ended up to be semi-permanent when the economy went south.

There are 4 types of OME steel wheels for the KJ, the regular spoked wheel in silver and black; and a dimpled spoked wheel in silver and black. I haven't been able to source the black dimpled wheel.

Hasn't been above freezing in Ohio for about four weeks, else I would have hit the car wash.

You must be registered for see images

There are worse looking things.
But I would say, hey he lost all his hubcaps. :)
I think it looks good if you look at the whole jeep at once.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Ok cool... They do look quite good though. You just need some black moon caps on there. The one squad the local PD has is a full size chevy truck, they have black steelies on there that look just like yours but they have a chrome moon cap with the chevy emblem on them, i actually like the look. But for yours i would think some black powder coated moon caps with a jeep emblem would look uber nice...

Andynator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The wheels are they 16 inch? if so could you find a number for them ?

LOST is having a M&G/ Fun Day close to you in Feb. at the Mad River Ski place should come out

Try this, I think:

16X6.5 5-114 ET40

I'll come over to the Mountain if I'm not working that weekend. You need to warn everybody to lock up their gear. There's major thievery going on out there every weekend - stereos, GPS, Ipods, computers, amps, woofers, ski gear, snowboards...seriously. That place is not secure at all. The Sheriff's department does what they can, but the management won't provide any security officers.

Members online

No members online now.