Sorry no liberty, but...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vranes17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that the offroad edition? Those have very nice 4x4 systems, w ascent and descent controls, has the ability to lock the rear diff. Buddy of mine had the Xterra OffRoad, thing was a beast. Cant tell if that is or not.

eyehatetofu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I almost got an xterra. Was way more exspensive than my Libby, which was to exspensive. I like em personally.

ericautopart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm no *** car fan BUT.. The rear diff was an H233B (About 9.25"), no CV head crappy drive shafts, and R200A front diff (rear diff used on 300zx, 240sx, etc). No lockers and no hill descent, etc. It shifted w/ a lever that was actually connected to the transfer case. Motor was a 3.3L V6 which was gutless. I really loved that think. I had a small lift on it, and a bunch of other stuff (sliders, armor, etc.). It's gone now but it was a great truck.

KeswickDave

Gold Moderator
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was considering the X-Terra when I started thinking about an SUV... didn't really know of the Liberty at the time, until this one came along when they were selling off used company cars where I work.

I fell in love and the rest is history ;) And the price was right too.

I was mainly looking for a moderate-sized SUV which could pull a decent trailer. If memory serves me correctly the X-Terra has a 5000 lb towing capacity as well.

ericautopart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was an XE. The 01-04 was XE, SE, and SE S/C. 05+ had all that off road package crap, etc. The 1st gen xterras didn't need a off road package..they were already tough.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are nice but way more expensive, probably due to all the stock off-road packages, which is nice to have if you just want to pick up and crawl rocks. Serious *** SUV's are not that bad, really. X-Terra, 4Runner, i always liked them both. 4 Runner a bit more maybe. :) Although newer ones look way softer and too damn long.... (maybe because they got FJ now)

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

ericautopart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the liberty is a pretty good choice for family haulin/ wheelin mix. Parts are accessible and it's an ok truck. They aren't the best quality but they are really cool. The problem with the xterra was I did some drivetrain damage and couldn't get the parts so I traded it in. Looked perfect..had some vibrations in it..their problem now. :) I like the new liberty limited..I thought about one for my wife maybe. The 4runner is SICK but hard to get parts if your gonna wheel it.