Side Sills

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Verbrupe

Reaction score
Looking for Left Side Body Side Sill for 04 KJ Sport, any ideas on where to find this part?

Verbrupe

Reaction score
There is c2cfabrication.com in Redford, MI that makes them for $80 each.
I did call them and was told they are not available. This is the piece behind the inner rocker that extends from the front side of the front door sill to behind the rear door and is welded to the floor pan. But thank you for responding, I'll try C2C again just in case.

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just measured up and got a sheet metal shop to fold up 2 full inner sills for me in 2mm steel, you will probably need the centre piece too, that's mainly a flat strip.

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No just carbon steel, the KJ is too old for Boron steel to have been used in its construction, so simple mig welded repairs.
It was a while ago & I'm in the UK but I think it was £40 for the inner sills and a couple of bits of offcuts that I cut the centre bits out of. I bought the outer panels from a place in Poland advertising on Ebay.

JMichael2006

Reaction score
I did call them and was told they are not available. This is the piece behind the inner rocker that extends from the front side of the front door sill to behind the rear door and is welded to the floor pan. But thank you for responding, I'll try C2C again just in case.
They show doing inners and outers, because I need both. My other option is to weld in rectangular tube and make rock rails out of them.

Verbrupe

Reaction score
Thank you for your responses. At this point it may be simpler and more effective to remanufacturer the part with todays tool technologies. Is it possible to find the specification drawings/blueprints to these parts anywhere?

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The outer is available, that's the only tricky bit, the inner bits I measured and had made, it's late here but tomorrow morning I'll go out to my workshop and get you a picture of one of the offcuts of the inner section.

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, this slipped my mind, I'm away on a course at the moment, I'll get the dimensions when I get home.

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So finally...
You must be registered for see images attach

o5jeeplib

Reaction score
As of now made hole big enough for "a" spark plug, able to drive to a shop, first shop couldn't next shop Tuesday.
Believe it or not it runs fairly decent except in low rpms.
And thanks for input you guys.

Last edited: