Scott Patent State Forest

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clyde Frog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

AND! I saw this burnt orange Libby on the way back to MA. The picture makes it look almost red.

Crappy cell pics...

The pics don't do much justice but it was a fun day!

Last edited:

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like fun :)
I actually saw a burnt orange KJ on Wednesday and really like the color. I don't think I have ever seen that color on a KJ so maybe it was a one year thing that wasn't very popular?
Oh and it was a 02-04 style.

Clyde Frog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool pics, did you use 4wd?

A couple times I went into 4HI on the way in but once we got in there everything was manageable enough without 4WD.

Looks like fun :)
I actually saw a burnt orange KJ on Wednesday and really like the color. I don't think I have ever seen that color on a KJ so maybe it was a one year thing that wasn't very popular?
Oh and it was a 02-04 style.

I had never seen one before this one. I thought it was pretty funny because Dave and I had talked about how that was a very rare color and then I got to see it in person an hour later!

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
That color is Sunburst orange, I've seen it on an 05 Limited and Renegade here. Very cool color indeed.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used 4 hi 1st gear on the rocky part of the uphill climb and on the steaper uphill and downhill grades and then just shifted to drive on the other parts. Some parts you didn't need 4wd but I left it in 4 hi anyway.

After we got back to pavement and I was back in 2wd, I had to shift the ****** into 2nd gear coming back down the mountain on the other side to get enough engine braking going on to minimize braking and stay on the road.. (20mph curves)

CF, funny how that color came up in conversation and then you saw one. I think it was called "salsa red". Not too common.

Dave

family KJ

JPOTM WINNER
Reaction score
I can hear the trees screaming from here.... Does not seem like you would be able to ride trails right next to loggers...Liability issues?

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can hear the trees screaming from here.... Does not seem like you would be able to ride trails right next to loggers...Liability issues?

Yeah, I stopped waaaaaay back away from where they were loading the trucks. We waited for them to finish before proceeding. Logging is dangerous and I wanted to give them pleanty of room. One of the logs broke in half and rolled off the end of the truck while they were loading it.

They were logging pine trees out of the one section near the road and were going to replace them with hardwood trees. It was on NYS property. There was a NYS Forest Ranger there we talked to.

Dave

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The pics don't do much justice but it was a fun day!

They rarely do. It's actually tricky to get good photos which show the severe angles or roughness of the trail. I went up a hill so steep I was white knuckled the whole way. Think the pics did any justice? Nope, looked like I was goin' up my driveway.

Clyde Frog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lmao. Well, that's reassuring. At least I know it's not just cause I'm completely tarded and can't photograph dirt and rocks.

Bandit, I'm sure I'll be up there again in a few months so you should definitely join! I want to go up there in the fall especially. The trees would look awesome.