recall for rear gas tank/trailer hitch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got my official notice the other day, problem and solution. Basically telling me to await further notice at which time to schedule an appointment for inspection.

That's what my letter said also. Apparently they are waiting for hitches.

Dave

KJ zGal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was included in this recall as well, haven't had anything done yet, but I've already got a class II hitch and skid plate over the gas tank. I'm not sure what more they can really do to protect it at almost 200k...if it gets hit anywhere it's done regardless xD

JeepCoMJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer already inspected my non mopar rusty hitch and agreed to install one when they arrive.

drjones

Reaction score
Chrysler has its hands full that's for sure, and it seems like they are at least working on it. As far as removing your hitch to get the free one.. do what you will, but don't hate. Yeah I can understand if you have a tow package.. but what about the people who have shelled out money for one already, chances are it aint mopar, chances are better its a cheap universal unit they got from walmart or on sale somewhere. Its not a question of thievery its about safety right?