Rear glass defroster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nozborne

Reaction score
I have a 2006 Liberty. I apparently had a slow leak around the gasket at the top of the rear glass. This caused corrosion over a long period of time to the conductors of the rear defrost that run across the glass and now they won't work. I have tried the "paint on" repair, but can't get it working. Since it is winter, it would be nice to get this going so I am looking at replacing the glass. There are several used in my area that are for other years, but can't find one for mine specifically. My question is, will other years' rear glass fit the '06? Most of the other parts on the vehicle are compatible from '02-'06, but wanted to check on this before I buy one and find out it won't work. Thanks.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another thing to do, get Rain-X Anti-Fog Wipes. They work nicely I apply them twice a year and never have to worry about running the rear defroster.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Another thing to do, get Rain-X Anti-Fog Wipes. They work nicely I apply them twice a year and never have to worry about running the rear defroster.

That should work ( the Anti-fog )
I've never had an issue with fog on my back glass, never used the defrosters nor have I ever used the rear wiper in almost ten years

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That should work ( the Anti-fog )
I've never had an issue with fog on my back glass, never used the defrosters nor have I ever used the rear wiper in almost ten years

Ya know, Tom, now that I think about it I rarely turn on the rear defroster either. Must be the design of the ventilation at the rear of the KJ - it never seems to fog up. One thing I'd like to have related to the defroster is the heated rear view mirrors. Those are constantly freezing/fogging in this weather we've had this winter.

As for the rear wiper - I use mine all the time. Can't STAND not being able to see clearly out the rear window. Comes from when my dad took me on the road for driving lessons and told me I had to know all the vehicles around me at all times - rear, both sides. If I couldn't tell him colors and makes of the vehicles then the driving was done for the day! But he never made me identify the cows and other farm animals when driving the tractor around the farm! :laughing1:

Bob

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use my rear defroster all the time because it is hooked into the side view mirrors, so glad I did that mod. As for the rear view mirror only know it's there because the Scangage is above it. Got tired of watching people rear end me at stop lights. LOL thanks for the new swing gate Flow you still owe me for the rental.

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never use my rear wiper or defroster.. I don't even use my rear view mirror. Drove truck for too long. Out of habit I only use my side mirrors.

Sent from my HTC One using the power of Mary's purse

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only habit I carry over from driving trucks is I don't look directly behind me to back up, I use my mirrors only.

swmiller80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use my rear window wiper and defroster all the time in the winter. Nothing more annoying that not being able to see out of the back window.

nozborne

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. I like to use it when driving in freezing rain/snow so I don't loose visibility out the back, especially when the mirrors freeze over or get obscured.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
lol .. I use it all the time ... so I don't end up with those stupid half moon wiper marks on the glass.