Power driver seat install question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aksloan

Reaction score
The only thing I'd like for my 04 Libbby to have is a power driver seat. I've read the how-to and seems to be a piece of cake to install. I'm wondering if anyone would know if it would be possible to take my cloth seat (pristine condition) and put it on a donor power seat. Also wondering what year Libby would interchange for an 04.

Last edited:

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
The only thing I'd like for my 04 Libbby to have is a power driver seat. I've read the how-to and seems to be a piece of cake to install. I'm wondering if anyone would know if it would be possible to take my cloth seat (pristine condition) and put it on a donor power seat. Also wondering what year Libby would interchange for an 04.

That sounds interesting enough that I would go for a swap like that.

VTNomad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seats

02-04 seats are the same. 05-07 seats are the same. The seats changed dramatically in 05, and are much less comforatble. So if you want to just replace the drivers seat, and have it look the same as the rest of the seats, you need one from 02-04.

All you really need is the motorized tracks that mount under the seat. I would assume those could be swapped for the manual tracks. That may cut down on shipping. You would also need the plastic trim pieces, the switch and wiring harness.

Not sure if you can just plug it right in or if you'll have to do any wiring, but I think you can just plug it in. Check the how to section, there may be a write up.

Can someone confirm/deny this?

aksloan

Reaction score
02-04 seats are the same.

All you really need is the motorized tracks that mount under the seat. I would assume those could be swapped for the manual tracks. You would also need the plastic trim pieces, the switch and wiring harness.

Can someone confirm/deny this?

I can now confirm that the seat is mounted to the manual tracks by 4 bolts (right front side, left front side, back right, back left) and the seat will come off. The how-to said you need a four wire connector which I have and will just need to buy a fuse to bring power to the connector. Depending on how the switch is mounted to the trim you may just need to dremel out your original trim and put the switch in.

I guess all that needs confirmed is if a power seat from an 04 has the same bolt pattern I described attaching the seat to the tracks which I'm sure some good person will check out for us.

If the bolt patterns match it should be a very simple job to do.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.