Power door locks fail

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LenMan

Reaction score
Hello all, I recently bought a 2009 Jeep Liberty Limited and didn't check the door locks or individual power window switches before I made the purchase. Vehicle run fine, no rattles or clunking sounds going down the highway, looked like new brake rotors were installed, and I thought the best thing was very little rust. No leaks noted on the engine/transmission areas so I figured it would be okay. Got home and pushed the lock button on the drivers door panel to lock the doors and nothing happens. The key fob will not lock the doors either, but it will unlock all the doors at once after manually locking all the doors. No double clicking the unlock button to unlock the passenger doors.
Also, the main power window switches on the drivers door will power each window up and down but the individual power switches on the doors are inop. Please and thanks for your help!

LenMan

Reaction score
The 2009 Liberty replaces the 2002 Liberty. It's great in the summer but damn cold in the winter. Troubleshot it last winter and determined the heater core is bad, exhaust flex pipe cracked, transmission acting up, dash lights barely function and it has >220k mi. Had been looking for Jeep Liberty for a few months now and found this red one that wasn't rusted out badly at a used car lot. It run fine, brakes had been redone, no significant engine leaks or transmission leaks... But boy do I wished I'd checked that the door lock mechanisms (switches)
You must be registered for see images attach
functioned and window switches functioned on the doors.

Members online

No members online now.