Door Lock Fail

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toomanyusernames

Reaction score
I have a 2005 Liberty and yesterday the drivers side power lock switch stopped working. It still works manually, through the key, and all other locks still function from the inside. I can't find any tutorials on this exact problem but I suspect it's a simple fix? Maybe popping off the plastic and replacing a fuse or something?

Reaction score
When you say it still works manually with the key, are you using the button on the remote or the physical key in the lock to unlock?
I think they are not on individual fuses so if the other three still work with the remote or the internal rocker switch, it's probably that one lock mechanism motor itself that's bad.
I just had to replace my driver rear door lock, exact symptoms you are describing, one lock out, the other three still worked fine. 05 KJ Sport. Mine announced its imminent demise with a loud clacking sound for a couple of days and gave me time to order a replacement lock mechanism. It's an easy swap. Except I broke two tiny brittle-with-age plastic clips in the process but luckily they are generic and any local parts store should have replacements.

toomanyusernames

Reaction score
When you say it still works manually with the key, are you using the button on the remote or the physical key in the lock to unlock?
I think they are not on individual fuses so if the other three still work with the remote or the internal rocker switch, it's probably that one lock mechanism motor itself that's bad.
I just had to replace my driver rear door lock, exact symptoms you are describing, one lock out, the other three still worked fine. 05 KJ Sport. Mine announced its imminent demise with a loud clacking sound for a couple of days and gave me time to order a replacement lock mechanism. It's an easy swap. Except I broke two tiny brittle-with-age plastic clips in the process but luckily they are generic and any local parts store should have replacements.
The button and physical still work. However, today it works again! Ha. But this means its going to fail for good soon. Guess Ill try popping off the plastic and seeing if I can RockAuto a part that looks the same.

toomanyusernames

Reaction score
Good to know I can get clips anywhere, I have definitely destroyed a number of them over the yrs.

Reaction score
Good to know I can get clips anywhere, I have definitely destroyed a number of them over the yrs

The button and physical still work. However, today it works again! Ha. But this means its going to fail for good soon. Guess Ill try popping off the plastic and seeing if I can RockAuto a part that looks the same.
If the lock actuator in question still works when using the remote button then the problem is not the actuator. May be the single lock/unlock rocker switch in the driver's door that's bad. Unless the other three door locks still work when using that rocker switch in the driver door? That would indicate an isolated wiring problem between that rocker switch and the driver's door actuator.

toomanyusernames

Reaction score
If the lock actuator in question still works when using the remote button then the problem is not the actuator. May be the single lock/unlock rocker switch in the driver's door that's bad. Unless the other three door locks still work when using that rocker switch in the driver door? That would indicate an isolated wiring problem between that rocker switch and the driver's door actuator.
yes

Members online

No members online now.