Please help bearing issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thedevine

Reaction score
Hello all... I am having some issues with my passenger side front drivetrain... I was hearing what sounded like a wheel bearing going out so I replaced the front pass hub assy, rear axel bearings, pass intermediate shaft, pass cv axle ( had 1/2 inch play up n down at the joint), steering gear bushings, outer tie rod ends, new alognment... did not fix the problem... My KJ took a curb at ~35 mph a year ago and hasn't been rite since... Now when I turn the pass side front hub I can see and feel a flat spot and when i power thru it it appears to be physically moving the bracket that holds the intermediate shaft tube from the diff... I think it's the bearing on the intermediate shaft inside the tube but could it be the inner cone bearing at the pinion..? I'm confident I can get the tube bearing out but the inner one requires the diff be removed,right? Any help would be greatly appreciated... Thanks

Thedevine

Reaction score
I forgot to mention that the play is back between the new int shaft and the cv axle... And the curb incident was prior to parts replacement... The parts all went in in the last two weeks trying to find the problem... I was at my witts end and now I am a little relieved because I believe I found the problem but gave not been able to find the bearing locally and am not sure what to order if I need to...

Last edited:

Thedevine

Reaction score
Ok so I ordered the 1 bearing and 1 seal but the guy a Morris told me it takes two...? Is that correct? I had my finger inside the int shaft tube and greased it but I only saw one... Puzzled?