Part Time 4wd light stuck on dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NastyKnate

Reaction score
Hey guys,

After doing an oil change and new coolant, air in the tires, etc, i went out for a short drive. well, my father did, i was riding shotgun.

he put it in 4lo to show me how it works. only drove about 200 feet in 4lo.

since then, the 'Part Time' light is stuck on the dash. It goes off if i actually move the lever to 4hi. when i put it back in 2wd the part time light comes back on. i just drove about 85km on the highways, no change. i found some gravel and spun the tires... seems even though it says Part Time its still in 2wd.

anyone else had this happen? is it an easy fix? i know mechanically all seems fine, but having that light is very annoying, esp at night

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

After doing an oil change and new coolant, air in the tires, etc, i went out for a short drive. well, my father did, i was riding shotgun.

he put it in 4lo to show me how it works. only drove about 200 feet in 4lo.

since then, the 'Part Time' light is stuck on the dash. It goes off if i actually move the lever to 4hi. when i put it back in 2wd the part time light comes back on. i just drove about 85km on the highways, no change. i found some gravel and spun the tires... seems even though it says Part Time its still in 2wd.

anyone else had this happen? is it an easy fix? i know mechanically all seems fine, but having that light is very annoying, esp at night

Oh my god use the search function for Pete's sake.

Anyway yes, everyone has the problem, its the 4wd position sensor, it's like 50 bucks to replace and a ***** to get at, and please, search the forum to find an explanation on how to replace it. Mine's out completely and I couldn't give a sh*t. :)

NastyKnate

Reaction score
Oh my god use the search function for Pete's sake.

Anyway yes, everyone has the problem, its the 4wd position sensor, it's like 50 bucks to replace and a ***** to get at, and please, search the forum to find an explanation on how to replace it. Mine's out completely and I couldn't give a sh*t. :)

youve been added to my list

i just love people yelling to search. if you dont wanna help dont reply. im outta here

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
It bugged me like an uneven front end does for you. I know you understand that! :happy175:
Totally

mine I guess should say comes on and off
maybe on for 2 weeks off for a few days and back on
I don't pay any attention to it anymore
Now if I get out and the left front is 1/8 of an inch lower I'm heading in the garage for a complete suspension teardown :happy175:

Latest posts

Members online