OME lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AlexKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since ARB recently opened a store in my city, now I can go for an OME lift... :D

I still have some questions...

Suppose I go for an OME/rancho lift and I want to level up, but I don't want to do a clevis lift... ¿What options do I have and how many inches of lift may I expect?

OME/Rancho = ¿1.5''?
2 additional rear iso = 1.0'' (and a 1'' longer rear bumpstop)
1 rusty's front strut plate spacer ~ 0.5''
1 daystar front strut mount = ?'' (and a teraflex front bumpstop)

¿Or maybe must I go for a Daystar 1.5'' front leveling Kit (KJ09119BK) and forget the front strut spacer and mount?

My goal is a suspension lift that allows me put 245/75R16 tires on my factory wheels without rubbing (I'm willing to hammer down the pinch weld and fix the fog lights door, but I don't want to trim the inner fender wells) and don't destroy my CV joints

Thanks in advance!:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tony - are you sure OME alone will lift 2.5"? I was under the impression it was about 1.5".

AlexKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But if I want to level (assuming 1 or 2 rear iso's) without clevis anyway... what combination do I need?

Rusty's front plate + Daystar front strut mount or Daystar Front leveling kit (1,5'') or none of them?

Cheers :)

ShafferNY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I kind of like the look of a slight rake, but I'm interested to know what it would also.

If it'll help, I can take some measurements off my KJ since I have a OME/Rancho lift with no other modification.

LibertyOrDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is advertised at 1.5" of lift with a heavy load. I achieved about 2.6" over where I was on my stock springs with no other mods. To level it I believe a strut plate or clevis lift might be all you need depending on variables.

Back-n-Black

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can i ask why you do not want to do a clevis adjustment to level it? It is about the easyest way to gain some in the front. Tons of people have shown that it works and can be trailed with no ill effects.

But rustys, daystar, Jeepin by al, all j i believe and RRO all have a top plate. For reference the frankie lift uses OME springs and the daystar top plate. I believe there is also a spacer in the spring, but am not sure as i do not have that lift.

AlexKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is another issue... It seems to be near impossible find Rancho's here (17505 or 17004)... so I'm stuck (for now) with OME's NS130-NS131 (front) / NS132 (rear) shocks... The NS132L isn't available here (I know why)...

Are they really that bad?... I meaning the harsh ride... What happen if I can't get a longer shock like the 17004 or the NS132L?

Thanks in advance :)

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is another issue... It seems to be near impossible find Rancho's here (17505 or 17004)... so I'm stuck (for now) with OME's NS130-NS131 (front) / NS132 (rear) shocks... The NS132L isn't available here (I know why)...

Are they really that bad?... I meaning the harsh ride... What happen if I can't get a longer shock like the 17004 or the NS132L?

Thanks in advance :)

Alex
you are way over thinking this
you have the EXACT same KJ as my wife less the fact that she has the 45RFE trans in hers which I would guess adds some weight
we put the OME med. springs all around with Rancho struts ,only because the OME's were on back order, and OME shocks the NS132

The KJ sits as close to level as you can get with no other parts
we fit a 245/75 MTR with minor rubbing at full lock in the front and some good rubbing in the rear at full stuff ,which can be fixed with a 1" bump stop spacer and those are easy to make I just need to cut them out of the HDPE I have in my shop ,can you say Lazy
I have had it like this for 3+ years and just about 30K miles
There is no need that I can see to add bump stop spacer to the front as the strut is the same length as the OE strut and thus will compress no more than the OE strut some would have you believe that you will "stack the springs" and "destroy" them if this were the case then why is there no mention of this AT ALL on the OME web page and even calling OME tech support will get you an answer some thing like ,"um ,no that will not happen with those springs some one is giving out bad info"

hope this helps

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
if you use OME shocks and springs no bump stops are needed according to ARB, BUT if using OME springs and Rancho shocks then do it it is cheap insurance to keep your springs from stacking, which according to Marc at ARB is the mast common thing to destroy coil springs .there finished AGAIN:eek:;):D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you use OME shocks and springs no bump stops are needed according to ARB, BUT if using OME springs and Rancho shocks then do it it is cheap insurance to keep your springs from stacking, which according to Marc at ARB is the mast common thing to destroy coil springs .there finished AGAIN:eek:;):D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

yeah ok
but the Rancho shocks are not even made for a KJ so that is pointless
The Rancho struts are the same length as the OME struts which are the same length as the ones that came on the KJ from Chrysler
so if the struts is the same length as the OE and your bump stop is your up travel limiting factor and all the struts are the same length then why would I need them for 1 but not the other

I see your point for the rear ,longer shock length is longer both open and closed and shocks can not support the weight of a KJ but bump stops can and that is what they do
that part is simple

The spring stacking this ,IMO, is made up or not proven only a way for ARB to sell you on an idea and you bough

if the struts are the same length ,we are talking front not rear, across the board
and they are all advertised as an OE replacement so they are all the same
why would you have issues with 1 but not the others?

I guess I need proof or I call B/S

Latest posts

Members online