Oil Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

djtimyd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I should clarify...

I live at an apartment complex, so loosing any oil would be problematic. Technically I'm not supposed to work my jeeps here - but as long as I keep it 'superficial', I'm tolerated. Getting the oil catch pan out and potentially making a mess would end my ability to do any kind of work - superficial or not :icon_cry:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
This would be a tough one to pull off I think. I haven't done it yet but you'd want to take the oil filter off I think. If you need to leave it on, maybe there's enough room if you can take the fans out (if you have the dual fans), haven't really looked that hard. Definitely go at it from the top. I'm guessing you'll still loose oil, maybe it'll be a small enough trick to catch it with some paper towels or something.

djtimyd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the HD fan waiting to go in, but I have a leaky PS pump that I want to change first since that HD fan will take up all the workroom up front. Perhaps I could do the PS pump and the sensor at the same time huh? that would give me some more room...

In terms of catching oil, if I can use something like a cut milk jug or something... just not the obvious tools used for an oil change. I like my landlord as he has been pretty lenient of my KJ and especially my XJ.

djtimyd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called the dealer - they said that the part number 4868672AA has been replaced with 5149097AA. I can find both online. The "replacement" part is more expensive, and when I search - its listed as a Crown. WTH is up with the dealer trying to sell me a Crown part rather than Mopar? Has it been discontinued and the Crown is the only part now? Was the original Mopar part actually a Crown?

Something isn't right here...

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Crown and Mopar are kind of a blurred line for parts sometimes. Crown kind of picks up old Jeep parts. Sometimes a Mopar part becomes a Crown one when Jeep no longer wants to sell it themselves and some parts are Crown exclusive. If it's what the dealer said to get, I'd just do that.

Conundrum2006

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crown also uses mopar part numbers, which help confuse it.
The higher price is probably the mopar surtax. Crown can be very good parts too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro