Need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eyehatetofu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't swap out upper ball joints unless you have aftermarket A-arms. You need to replace the entire A-arm assembly which contains the ball joint. Being that you have a lift investing in JBA A-arms might be the way to go. Stock A-arms tend to rub on the coil springs of the front shock; ball joint boot gets a hole from wear, all the grease comes out, ball joint goes bad.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
^^^ yup

I have a Frankenlift as well ... besides your ball joint issue... mine would not even come close to alignment with the stock Upper Control Arms. Had to spring for the JBA UCA's. The Frankenlift was way to high out of the box for my KJ anyway (23.5"). The front has taken about 20k just to settle.

If you can take it off road and put the front end through some serious compressions it may help.

dg905

Reaction score
I'm almost positive that it is an aftermarket a arms though... Even the guys at my local shop said that as well.. Just have no clue what size or kind to use. Called all around locally here and everyone is dumb founded lol. Ill take pictures tonight after work and post them... Maybe you guys can get a better idea if they are aftermarket or not, thanks for responding so quickly though

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm almost positive that it is an aftermarket a arms though... Even the guys at my local shop said that as well.. Just have no clue what size or kind to use. Called all around locally here and everyone is dumb founded lol. Ill take pictures tonight after work and post them... Maybe you guys can get a better idea if they are aftermarket or not, thanks for responding so quickly though

It's pretty hard to miss. Unless they're painted differently, they're black from the factory, red from JBA.

Latest posts

Members online