Mounting a LED LightBar on Roof

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MarkKJ Cherokee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi From Australia

Been reading the instructions about installing a 42" curved lightbar on roof.
Can someone please advise of a mount I can purchase via ebay as i cannot purchase the one mentioned by MYKE from Amazon as they do not deliver this part to Australia all I can find is this one on Ebay
For Chevy/GMC Windshield 50'' inch LED Bar Curved Top Roof Mount Brackets steel | eBay

For Chevy/GMC Windshield 50'' inch LED Bar Curved Top Roof Mount Brackets steel

Also not sure about the mounting instructions as MYKE advises drilled into the rail and not the roof itself.The rail is plastic so do you drill through the plastic to metal see MYKE;s post

http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f202/how-mount-42-curved-led-light-bar-your-kj-61215/

Have many done this installation
Thanks

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I drilled through the plastic into the metal rail. If you want I can order the mounts I got from amazon and mail them to you if you pay for them and shipping via paypal.

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bad idea drilling in to the roof like that, great area to rust

And cause water intrusion into the cabin compartment. An no, insurance won't cover the damage because the vehicle was modified in such a way as to cause the failure.

Just be cautious, and consider any other mounting options you may have.

Hell, I'd weld the brackets to the roof before I drilled holes in it.

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bad idea drilling in to the roof like that, great area to rust

And cause water intrusion into the cabin compartment. An no, insurance won't cover the damage because the vehicle was modified in such a way as to cause the failure.

Just be cautious, and consider any other mounting options you may have.

Hell, I'd weld the brackets to the roof before I drilled holes in it.

It's drilled into the rail not through the other side. I can post pictures if you would like.

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Myke

Happy to do this just PM your details to me at [email protected] with total cost to Brisbane Australia i will PM back to you my full address

cheers
Mark

Looking up shipping costs now, will pm you once I figure it all out.

EDIT: Brackets are $23 shipped to me from amazon, and then USPS first class shipping is $22.75. Bringing the total cost to $45.75.

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
It's drilled into the rail not through the other side. I can post pictures if you would like.

But drilling is ah well drilling through the roof panels
Always opens an area / hole that could lead to rust/ leaks etc

Latest posts

Members online