Moog Replacement Springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kage860

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I installed bilstein shocks all around and I figured I'd put new moog springs on the front while I had everything apart. And after measuring from the center of the wheel to the fender It's sitting at 21" on each side! I think it was about 18 1/4" before I started. I wasn't really looking to change the spring rate or the ride height but I'll take it. After it settles I'll have to look into leveling the back:happy175: The moog springs did seem to be longer and have an extra coil on them. I didn't see too much information on here regarding the moog springs so I'd figure I'd contribute.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
So I installed bilstein shocks all around and I figured I'd put new moog springs on the front while I had everything apart. And after measuring from the center of the wheel to the fender It's sitting at 21" on each side! I think it was about 18 1/4" before I started. I wasn't really looking to change the spring rate or the ride height but I'll take it. After it settles I'll have to look into leveling the back:happy175: The moog springs did seem to be longer and have an extra coil on them. I didn't see too much information on here regarding the moog springs so I'd figure I'd contribute.

After alignment and settling in it will be back to 19-19.50 then more settling and within a week or so back to stock height.
They may have an extra coil but don't give any lift .
I tried a set on the 03 I had here right after I bought it,
thought I would run them for a while since they were brand new
( someone traded them into me when I did their lift)
removed then within a week ..............

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Did you drive it before you measured? The springs usually have to relax some after install.

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, that 21" was without driving it. After a few days and some local driving I'm at 20 1/4"

They'll settle even more after alignment and driving it more
I've had my OME lift on for about a month now and have had two alignments and I'm sitting at 3 1/4" lift (22 1/4")
Drive it for a while and then post back on your measurements
You'll be in the 19s as Tom stated once fully settled

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
No, that 21" was without driving it. After a few days and some local driving I'm at 20 1/4"

You can take a worn out sagging KJ thats sitting 1.5 inches under stock height, jack it up and let it sit ten minutes, slowly lower it and you'll be at a9-19.5 inches , have done it to fool people before ! :happy175:

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thought so. I was at something like 23.5 inches prior to driving mine. I was like "SHIIIAAAT what did I do wrong??!" Post driving...down to ~21.5. (I have since lifted some more :gr_grin:)

kage860

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have any of you guys done the Firestone lifetime alignments? I'm thinking about going in that direction. Worth it?

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have any of you guys done the Firestone lifetime alignments? I'm thinking about going in that direction. Worth it?

I did. No firestone around me could align my Jeep after it was lifted. I also think I've got some bent parts so might not be 100% their fault.

For a stock Jeep...I'd imagine it would be well worth it.