Jeep Service History Request Please Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

steve4459

Reaction score
I have recently purchased a 2004 Jeep Liberty Limited and I had wanted to get the full service history on the vehicle. I have been to my local Jeep dealership and I have also written Chrysler to get this information. My local Jeep dealership says they will not give out that information and Chrysler says that information is considered proprietary, and they will not give me the information either. I don't understand why they can't give me the information for the work that has been done to a vehicle I own.

I was wondering if anyone has access to Chrysler's service history database and if so, would you be willing to give me a copy of the service history records on my vehicle.

VIN Number: 1J4GL58KX4W297929

Thank you in advance to anyone that could help me. I really appreciate it.

Steve

steve4459

Reaction score
I didn't understand that response either. Here is exactly what they said:

"In response to your email regarding the build sheet information you are seeking, we would like to inform you that we are pleased to to provide vehicle build information as per your request."

(I will spare you all of the built sheet info on my vehicle) LOL

"Furthermore, regarding the information you are seeking for service history for your vehicle, we would like to inform you that the information you are seeking is considered proprietary. However, we suggest you to visit your local authorized dealership for further information. If there is anything else that we can do for you in the future, please let us know. Thanks again for your email. We value you and your continued business with us. Sincerely, Kelly Nelson Customer Service Representative Chrysler Customer Assistance Center"

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
It's actually considered personal information, and therefore it's not given out to just anyone who asks for it....basically the dealer/Chrysler is covering their butts.

steve4459

Reaction score
It's actually considered personal information, and therefore it's not given out to just anyone who asks for it....basically the dealer/Chrysler is covering their butts.

If I am the registered owner, they should have no problem giving it to me.

I also own a Chevy Trailblazer, and my local Chevy dealership was happy to give me a copy of the service history on the vehicle.

I would normally have my Liberty serviced at a Jeep dealer, but with them being so secretive with information on a vehicle I own, I am rethinking this and may have my vehicle serviced elsewhere.

This whole deal really ****** me off!!! :mad:

Anyone know if there are any Jeep service techs on here that might be willing to help me out?

Last edited:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't understand why they are giving you a hard time as long as you are the owner now.

If the prior owner was local to you you could try contacting them and see if they have copies. That would be a real shot in the dark but you never know.

Dave

steve4459

Reaction score
I don't understand why they are giving you a hard time as long as you are the owner now.

If the prior owner was local to you you could try contacting them and see if they have copies. That would be a real shot in the dark but you never know.

Dave

I don't know the prior owners, as I purchased the vehicle from a dealership.

I guess I will have to try another Jeep dealership and see if they will give me the information.... Unless there is a Jeep Tech on here that is willing to help me out.....:D

Powerslave

Banned
Reaction score
I remember when I got mine, for my Dodge Avenger, there was a WARNING to check the odometer, because a "Millage seems excessive" flag came up. Well, I put 20+K a year on this car, so I told them they didn't need to do that... The first week, drove it to Florida, there's 2200 miles right there... Back and forth to Cleveland, West Virginia, 40 mile round trip to and from work... Anywhere I wanted to go, from where I live, was at least a 13 mile drive ONE WAY...

Also, the report should have ALL the work done, but only at Chrysler dealers. All the Recalls done should be on there as well.

Carfax and all that is crap, because if it is not reported to them, then you don't see it. There is no LAW either, that says anything has to be recorded in the first place, with the exception of the RECALLS. This is a FED thing with those, and so it doesn't get performed over and over again, unless it's like the never ending Ball Joint recalls...

steve4459

Reaction score
WOW, thats alot of miles you put on.

I did as much homework on the vehicle as possible before I bought it..... Ran a Carfax and had the vehicle checked out by a shop my buddy works at. The vehicle only has 10,000 miles on it, but I still would like to see the work Chrysler has done to it, if any besides recalls.

I ran the VIN number through Chryslers recall database, and they show no open recalls. So, I am guessing all the recalls have been taken care of, which is nice.

Latest posts

Members online