Inflation pressure for BFG TKO's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Andynator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's a good inflation pressure to run on the BFG's, for best wear?

When I was at the tire shop a couple of weeks ago having them re-mounted onto steel wheels, they ran the pressure up to 50 psi. I think they got confused by the load rating on the tire or something.

Anyway, I took them back down to about 35 (ride much better) but I was wondering if something closer to 40 - 42 would be better for wear.

Maybe a poll?

Thanks
Andy

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
What's a good inflation pressure to run on the BFG's, for best wear?

When I was at the tire shop a couple of weeks ago having them re-mounted onto steel wheels, they ran the pressure up to 50 psi. I think they got confused by the load rating on the tire or something.

Anyway, I took them back down to about 35 (ride much better) but I was wondering if something closer to 40 - 42 would be better for wear.

Maybe a poll?

Thanks
Andy

I know that when I have mounted tires, I usually over inflated them at first to help set the bead!
Then lower the pressure to where I want it.
36-38 psi is where I run on our KJ.
But that will likely change in two weeks time when I get proper off road tires.
Remember that if they are to hard, they will wear the centre portion of the tire tread down faster.
I think it's best to just play with it until you find the ride you want.
That's how I do it anyway!

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
I ran mine at 35 psi cold, and they wore nice and even. They were also E ply, so they ran rough over potholes anyways, but I didn't want any more pressure than what I ran.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ran 3 sets of BFG A/T's on different trucks before I had the KJ. I played around with the TP running either 35 or 38 pounds at different times. I found that 35 pounds seemed the best overall with my experience with them.

Dave

Andynator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. More or less what I figured, I will run 36-38 for a few months and see how she goes...

Andy

Members online

No members online now.