How to check CEL?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i know this has been covered plenty of times, but im drawing a blank and can not find it...
How do i get the CEL code to come up on the cluster??
I would search more but im at work and want to figure this out right now so i can see whats going on..

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
My notes say Within 5 sec of turning off-on-off-on-off-on-leave on code comes on odometer

When I did it,took a few tries.

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My notes say Within 5 sec of turning off-on-off-on-off-on-leave on code comes on odometer

When I did it,took a few tries.

Thanks! i thought it was something with on-off etc.
i will try it out as soon as im out of work here and let you know whats going on..

Well i tried it about 5 times with no luck...
anything else i need to do?

Last edited:

Andynator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the '02 anyway, you turn from OFF to ON (not start), wait for all the dash indicator lights to come on, then repeat two times and leave in the ON position. You can't just click it on-off-on-off-on-off-on. You must pause and wait for all the lights to come up each time, then click immediately back to OFF and repeat.

You'll get the hang of it.

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the '02 anyway, you turn from OFF to ON (not start), wait for all the dash indicator lights to come on, then repeat two times and leave in the ON position. You can't just click it on-off-on-off-on-off-on. You must pause and wait for all the lights to come up each time, then click immediately back to OFF and repeat.

You'll get the hang of it.

Thanks, ill try that!